Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Daybook Entry

For today: March 3rd, 2010


Outside my window...Wow, there's actually sun! Hmm. Wonder if that means it's warm? Nah. Probably not. :)


I am thinking... how I was just thinking the week before how I hadn't been sick in awhile. And now I'm sick. And so is my son. And possibly my oldest.


I am thankful for... over the counter medication! Seriously. We've gone through a lot of it since Sunday. Ugh.


I am wearing... jeans and a sweater. Yeah. I'm fancy like that.


I am remembering... to embrace my children's individual personalities and not make knee-jerk decisions based on what others may think of me as a Mom. That's why my oldest is going to a concert in May. And has red streaked hair. And wears skinny jeans and black Converse shoes. Or something like that.


I am going... to Albertsons later to infect the masses with my plague. That and to use my coupons with their current sales. Because I'm Frugalicious like that. ;) (Hmm...is that even a word? Well, if it's a real word it's kinda dumb. I regret even saying it, actually.) I'd also like to pick up some holds at the library. I love books...


I am reading... An Absence So Great by Jane Kirkpatrick. It's for a review. ;)  I'll have a giveaway soon, too. Stay tuned!


I am hoping... that I'm healthy by tomorrow, as that's Abby's Parent Watch Day at ballet. I hate missing things like that. Actually, I never miss things like that! But at the same time, I don't want to breathe on anyone, either. {Sigh}


I am hearing... Ethan coughing is brains out. Abby talking back to her computer. The dryer spinning our clothes dry. Sierra watching something on TV (and coughing her brains out).


On my mind... The Paramore concert tickets I bought for Sierra this morning. She's very excited. :) I just hope Dean can handle it. (Hee hee) I'm not going because I don't "do" crowds or "loud" anything. Not my cup o' tea.


Noticing that... Over the counter medication doesn't work so well. :o/


Pondering these words... "Take 2 tablets every 4-6 hrs." That and "Blow your nose, don't keep sniffling!"


From the kitchen... A vast array of medicinals including NyQuil, Children's Tylenol Plus Cold, Walgreen's brand Allergy Cold & Sinus. That's about it. Not sure about supper yet. I should probably start thinking about it though. {Sigh}


From the learning rooms... We're on day three of standardized testing. Goody, goody, gumdrops! (Not)


Around the house... You know, I'm never quite sure how to answer this one.


One of my favorite things... Getting packages in the mail. It's always a treat, even if you know what it is.


From my picture journal... This is Dean, his sister Dyon, and their grandmother Lindy. Lindy passed away from cancer on February 25th. :( 

2 comments:

Tammy Lee Carpentier Bradley said...

Thank you for sharing your daybook with us. I enjoyed your sense of humor despite being sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Nikki said...

Whenever I stumble across these Day Book entries, they always make me smile.
Your's made me smile too, but I am sorry you all are so sick!
Praying you get well very, very soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails