Friday, March 12, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday




Remember how rough--or rather, non-existent--my workouts were last week? Well, this week kinda bombed as well. {Sigh} My energy has been severely flagging since being sick all last week. I guess that bug hit me harder than I thought! *Ugh!*

My workouts were not nearly as productive as they normally are. Everything thing I did felt as though I were moving through quicksand or something. A measly 5 lb weight felt like 500 lbs in my hand! Oh and my cardio workouts? Ahem. Yeah. Those weren't any better. No energy whatsoever. I barely made it 20 mins on the bike 3 times this week. {Pathetic, I know.}

Today however, I was bound 'n determined to push myself a bit and blow off the last of this "bug dust". :o) I did 45 mins of cardio on the bike which left my legs feeling like Jell-O, but it was soooo worth it.

Nutritionally speaking--? Yeah, I tanked there too. Not that I'm eating junk food or anything like that. But I haven't been eating anything particularly healthy, either. Or eating much at all, I should say. The "bug" shrunk my stomach or something. At least for the time being. ;o) Seriously, a cup of tea makes me feel full. Weird, huh?

I've got to get back on track next week! Call me, email me--something, anything--to keep me accountable. I'm hereby granting ya'll permission to harp and nag me to death! LOL :)  (Who's got the whip?)

The Confession Box is now open! Please sign with a link to your Fit Mommy tales from the trenches! I hope your week was more productive than mine. :)  (Although to be honest, I think a slug's week was more productive/active than mine! Ha!)



6 comments:

kathy@stewards's steno said...

I thought you did fine! You're coming back from a nasty bug and you still did more than me (ouch). Thanks for having this meme.

homeschool101 said...

Bless your heart. You have been sick, It is ok to start back slowly, You dont wanna over do it after being sick you would probably pass out. Start back nice and slow pacing yourself. Make sure you are replacing the nutrients you lost as you work out since you were sick. Even if its drinking more juices then eating.
You did fine for you first week back from sickeness. Next week will be rough but better as well. You will be ok! :)

Michelle said...

I took off some exercise time in January when we were sick, so I know you need a little rest as you get going again! Get better! :)

I am sure you will feel better next week and once again you will leave me coughing in your dust! ;)

Annie Kate said...

You're doing great for a half-sick mommy! Hang in there and give yourself time to recover. Remember, in the past you would have been sent off to a warm vacation place for a few weeks to recuperate! :)

Hugs,

Annie Kate

Heidi said...

At least you have a solid excuse...you've been sick, dear! You had enough of a workout just trying to get that bug out of your body.

Me, I just have lame-o excuses. I didn't even get 20 minutes once this week.

Tracy said...

I'm glad you're on the mend. Ease back into excercising so you don't wear yourself out and increase your chances of catching another bug.

I think you're doing a great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails