Friday, March 19, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday




*If you're brand new to my blog or Fit Mommy and have no clue what I'm talking about, please click here to learn how you can participate in the weekly Fit Mommy meme. Join the band of merry wives and mothers as we move one step at a time in the direction of health and fitness. :) It's a lot of fun, I promise no one here bites, and the encouragement is incredible.*



Yessss!!!!! It feels so good to be back in the saddle, back on the wagon, back in action---however you want to put it--this week! :o)  I think I've finally blown all the "bug dust" off me and feel super-charged, ready to whip myself into shape and get back to work!

Most of the week's workouts consisted of a lot of cardio. I decided to really focus on this after

1. Reading Tracy's posts and
2. The fact that I can only run past 8 houses on my street before I begin to violently gulp huge amounts of air, my lungs and throat burning with angry, icy fire. Oh, and I get a cramp in my side. {Ahem}

Clearly, I'm not in as good of shape as I'd like to think I am! :o/

So I've been hitting that nasty old recumbent bike nestled in the corner (her name is Broomhelga by the way, as it suits her brutish, lumbering style) and jogging around the block. And lots of jumping jacks, jogging in place and (shudder) Jillian's cardio DVD.

I told you she was vicious, right? I'm pretty sure I did.

Nutritionally speaking, I'm doing "okay". Still no junk food (which by this time next week will probably not be the case. A-HEM!!!!), but I'm not eating nearly enough produce. I should change that this week.

So! What have the rest of you gorgeous Fit Mommies been up to?

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Wasn't Tracy inspiring? I hate running, but I'm looking forward to getting out for some brisk walks soon! I hope I look better than Homer when I do!

Good job on the no junk food! You had a fabulous week!

Cheryl Henderson said...

Hmm, I might want to get involved with this Fit Mommy Friday. My kids are great motivators with my exercise regime (Wii Fit Plus all the way!) but maybe some adult accountability might be helpful. How do I join?

Michelle said...

It sounds like you did far, far better than I did this week. Good for you!

I find that 2 miles of a Leslie Sansone DVD is usually enough for me cardio-wise. I probably could go with a 3rd mile some days, but I would probably be modifying it if I did (fewer lunges, side steps, kicks, less jogging, etc.), and I'm usually interrupted by my family by then. ;)

I'm hoping I'll be more motivated with the nicer spring weather.

Tracy said...

I seriously love the pictures of Homer running (that's I feel sometimes!) and the pantyhose lady. Riot!

It sounds like you had a great week! Hooray! No more sickness! Double hooray!

When I started I could barely run without almost dying. The Couch to 5K program was a great starting point for me. I'm glad I was able to inspire you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails