Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chipmunks Meets Laundry Meets Grass (and other thoughts)

 

Despite all my pleadings for mercy, my birthday (gag!) had the nerve to come around once again. I'm officially one year deeper into my 30’s folks, and thus, one step closer to the top of The Hill. Yippee. :o/  But it pleases me to no end to know that Dean’s about ready to go OVER said Hill. That makes me happy.

Anyway, the day was not a total let-down despite my creaking bones and graying hair. My mom bought Alvin & the Chipmunks-The Squeakquel for the kids, which is precisely the movie I’d been wanting to see. So we all sat and ate our dinner in front of the TV that night. :) And although I’m a huge fan of the Chipmunks, The Squeakquel wasn’t nearly as good as the first movie. Just saying.

alvin--the-chipmunks-the-squeakquel However! I did find a website that totally made up for the little bummer with the film! It’s called Munk Yourself.com and it allows you to choose your own Chipmunk (either Alvin or Brittney) then “munk” your voice accordingly! Check it out! It’s soooo cute and so much fun! I made myself into Brittany and called the 800 number to record my message. I then sent it to Dean at work to surprise him! :) Hee hee! (By the way, if you laugh while recording your message, it adds a certain level of “chipmunk-ness” that can’t be beat!)

In other news, I’ve had to switch my laundry detergent and here’s why.

Dean’s decided that the homemade kind isn’t good enough. It doesn’t get his whites white enough and feels that his colored clothes aren’t nearly as eye-poppingly bright as they should be. He suggested I get some “real” soap and not “that ghetto stuff”. (Humph) Fine. See if I try to save this family some money ever again. :o/

So needless to say, I ventured out to the store and bought (only because it was on sale and I had double coupons for it on top of that) 2 boxes of Tide (40 loads), 3 bottles of their new Stain Release, and 1 box of Snuggle sheets (and 2 boxes of cereal—just because) for under $18. Not the greatest savings in the world but it’s better than full price. At least I think that was a good deal. I don’t really know because I never buy the stuff.

Dean hasn’t said whether or not his precious threads pass inspection yet. I’m still waiting.

In the meantime, I’m going to see if I can mix the Tide in with my homemade detergent. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it as it works just as well as the generic stuff does (which is what I bought before I started making it).

That and I have 4 gallons of it left. {Ahem}

In other news, Dean and Ethan mowed the backyard yesterday. And they didn’t (because they never do) use the grass catcher. Which means the kids and dogs will be tracking in grass that I’ll be sweeping up from now until October. Yeah me! :D

This year’s TOS Crew is winding down. We just received the final list of vendors for the year and I think I’m on each of those lists. (Yeah!—That was a real cheer for joy, by the way.)  I’m sad to see it end but it’ll be nice to return to our regular curriculum once again. (Which is “A World of Adventure” in case you were wondering.)

In fact, we’ve already gone back to AWOA for the most part. We’re still incorporating review items into our day though. Oh and get this: two of my friends are trying out for next year’s Crew!  (Hope you make it, ladies!!! :D ) Isn’t that neat?

Oh, and speaking of the Crew and TOS in general…one of my reviews will be published in the next issue of The Old Schoolhouse magazine! How’s that for a yippee-skippy?! ;o) It’s for Christian Keyboarding. I’m so excited!

5 comments:

TOSHeidi said...

Love this post. You have a way of making even the most mundane things - such as laundry - sound fun and exciting. And, of course, you always make me smile.

Mrs. White said...

I love all your news!! You are super funny and entertaining!!!

hugs

Kristenph said...

You are so cute. Creaking bones? Yeah right!

Michelle said...

Love it! You always make me smile. :)

We also fall into the category of "used to make homemade laundry detergent." Not only did the whites (socks, underwear, kitchen towels) get a little dingy, but our old, old quilts simply couldn't take the harsher ingredients in the homemade formula. :(

I probably pay about double the cost of homemade to pick up a BIG container at Sam's Club every other month or so. And, it does save me time. I'm convinced it saves a lot more money to hang at least half of the laundry loads on a clothesline over making homemade laundry soap, so that is how we're saving these days. :)

The Crazy Mom said...

You so ROCK girlfriend!!! I feel like I have to do absolutely nothing anymore to feel any sense of self-satisfaction, because my friends are so AWSOME, I must be AWSOME too! LOL

Girl, being pubbed in the big 'zine!!! Word!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails