Friday, April 30, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*



Happy Friday, ladies! I just completed the Shoulders & Arms workout (P90X) and am feeling pretty darn spritely, if I do say so myself. I pushed myself a little harder than I did earlier this week (funny what 1.5 extra hours of sleep will do!), and am very proud of myself. I completed more reps with heavier weights--woohoo! Per the prescribed routine, I still have their Abs workout to do but I'll get to that in a bit. I wanted to get this post up first! :)

As I somewhat mentioned, today I got to sleep in (til 5:30am). Dean's OT is decreasing (at least for today) and we could definitely use the break. Not that the extra money isn't needed or appreciated...LOL. But sleep, I've learned the hard way, is quite a necessity.

My workouts this week have been ranging anywhere from 60-75 mins, taking the form of workout DVD's (P90X) and the exercise bike for added cardio. This is of course, on top of the almost daily walks around the neighborhood running errands or taking Sierra and Ethan to taekwondo class.

Nutritionally, things have been going fairly well. I've upped the veggies/fruit and water, and haven't had a single sweet thing to eat all week. Hooray! :) Well, okay--there was 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich. {Ahem} But it was on multi-grain bread so that's not too bad, right? (LOL) I know, I know. Excuses!

As far as improvements are concerned, I've noticed that my arms are already looking tighter. I'm still holding out for a dramatic "backside" transformation, though. {Sigh} Oh, the pain of being half-Mexican and loving carbs! Did you notice I didn't record any weight loss? That's because there isn't any! :o/

How was your week? Anything exciting to report? Changes, transformations--it's time to share 'em all! :)


2 comments:

Leah said...

I had lots of fun this week shlepping heavy furniture around the house. I think that's called weight lifting. :D

We (my 16-year old and I) even lifted the grand piano a few centimetres off the floor while the hubby put something under the wheels to protect the floor while we were moving it to it's final spot.

I hope all other participating Mums had as much fun as I did.

Annie Kate said...

It's so good to have accountability! Without Fit Mommy Friday, this would have been the week that I started to forget about fitness.... Thanks Denise.

And it sounds like you're doing very well. Who cares about weight as long as you're healthy?

Annie Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails