Friday, April 30, 2010

Have You Seen This? Women Should Workout 60 mins/Day to Keep the Pounds Away

I just stumbled upon this interesting article where the LA Times mentions a new study conducted by the Journal of the American Medical Association. The study states that women of normal (ie: BMI of 25 or less) weight--and who don't want to diet--should log 60 minutes of moderately-intense exercise, 7 days/week in order to avoid weight gain.

Hmm. And here I thought I was doing so well. {Sigh}

I admit to shooting for 60 mins 5 days per week, which apparently renders me a total sloth. Who knew?

What do you think about this? Have you found that the older you get, the more intense your workouts need to be? I know I definitely have. I've also noticed that the things I would eat in my 20's without a problem now stick to my rear-end like glue in my 30's. :-/

Sound off with your comments below!

2 comments:

Mrs. White said...

I don't think they took into consideration people who are chronically ill, or who are slim to begin with. I know older people who don't really exercise but they aren't sedentary and they stay slim.

It looks like they suggesting too much of people, and it might only be required of a few.

Or maybe they consider 'moderate' exercise to be normal things - walking, biking, cleaning, etc.

Heidi said...

Oh my, that is totally depressing, says the lady that hasn't done ANYTHING for Fit Mommy for WEEKS.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails