Monday, April 12, 2010

Review: All About Reading-What Am I?

AAR_SiteBanner

As you may recall, I previously reviewed the All About Reading: Beehive Reader 1 (recently renamed Cobweb the Cat). This book is part of the new early reader series written by All About Spelling author, Marie Rippel and Renee` La Tulippe. The talented duo returns with their second book in the series titled, “What Am I?”

WhatAmICover What Am I? is a Level 2 reader that picks up where Cobweb the Cat leaves off. This hardcover collection of 10 short stories (160 pages) is filled with gentle prose, slightly more challenging words, longer sentence structure, and the same lush charcoal illustrations that give these books a competitive “edge”.

While the reader correlates to All About Spelling’s Level 2 steps 1-14, it can certainly be used by itself or with another early reading program.

I loved the fact that the super-cute illustrations remained the same, as well as the gentle, charming attitude behind the prose. Even those “slightly above” the recommended reading level will find the stories humorous and not completely babyish. (In fact, this would be a great book for older siblings to read aloud to the younger ones!) 

My personal favorite story this time was “Matt the Musk Ox”. He’s such a cutie! SamplePages1

“What Am I?” will soon be available for $19.95.  To learn more about this product or the All About Reading program, please click here.

To learn more about the fabulous All About Spelling program please click here.

*As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I received a free copy of the above product for review. No additional compensation was provided and the thoughts expressed in this review are my own.*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails