Saturday, May 29, 2010

Daybook Entry

 

For today, May 29th 2010

Outside simple-woman-daybook-smallmy window...

Gloomy, gloomy rain. Lots ‘n lots of rain. In fact, it’s supposed to rain all weekend long. Joy. {Sigh}

I am thinking...

that the house is incredibly too quiet now that my children have left to go to my Mom’s, and Dean’s still in bed. I wonder what time he’ll sleep to today? :o/

I am thankful for...

my job, my health, my faith, and some very understanding friends who can relate to what I’m going through right now.

From the kitchen...
I just downed my second cup of chai for the day. Washed up the dishes, wiped down the counters, and swept the floor. Now if the sun would just come out, the whole thing would sparkle in the light! :)

I am wearing...

jeans, turtleneck, slippers. I’m cold, can you tell? :)

I am creating...

a new attitude toward life. Or at least, I’m trying to. :)

I am going...

to work as much as I can over the next few days, and also finish two book reviews that I’ve been putting off. {Ahem} I’m also going to work hard to accept things for what they are right now, and not allow myself to become sad or frustrated by them.

I am reading...

two review books: “Never Say Never” and “Divanomics”. Also re-reading several books just for fun.


I am hoping...

things improve soon, and that June is a better month for us all.

I am hearing...

the heater blowing warm air, my laptop’s noises (it’s the old, wheezing geezer of gadgets!), and my little dog snoring beside me. :)

Around the house...

just the usual cleaning today. Nothing really beyond that.

One of my favorite things...

a brand-new workout video! (Yep, I’m twisted.)

A few plans for the rest of the week:

We’ve got absolutely nothing planned for the holiday weekend, but next Saturday we’re going to Pacific Northwest Ballet’s Coppelia. :) I can hardly wait. I always feel so---“me”---when I step inside McCaw Hall. Not sure what it is, but I’m just most at home there than anywhere else.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Fenced in Family said...

Whatever's going on, I'm praying for you, Denise. Hugs and love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails