Friday, May 7, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


Hooray! We've made it through another week, ladies! :) Aren't you excited? Okay, clearly I need to slow down on the caffeine... (Hee hee)

I did pretty good with my workouts, considering my epic failure earlier this week. Ahem. While my upper body (and ego) recovered (believe me--I'm still a bit sore!), I focused on cardio and lower body to even things out...

Monday - 60 mins bike/personal ab routine
Tuesday - P90X (Chest/Arms/Shoulder) = OUCH / Walking
Wednesday - Firm Lower Body workout / Walking
Thursday - Lower body routine/Abs (personal routines consisting of lunges, squats, plyometric jumps, crunches, reverse crunches, oblique twists, pelvic lifts) / Walking

However, I haven't worked out at all so far today. Why? (I'm so glad you asked.) Well, it's because my husband has the day off. Which means I slept in ('til 6:45am).

When I finally rousted myself out of bed at 7am, I had every intention of climbing on the bike and logging in a good 45 mins or more of cardio. (Sounds good, right?) So, I went into the bathroom to get ready (ponytail, brush teeth, wash face a bit) mentally preparing myself for the torture ahead, when suddenly I heard sounds coming from the kitchen.

Sierra was up.

And that, my sweet ones put a screetching halt to my workout.

For those of you who don't know me very well, here's a little secret insider scoop--I don't workout in front of my family. Well, with the exception of my sister. But she's clear in Pennsylvania and I'm all the way out here in Washington. But I digress. Point being, when the kids or husband are up, my workout is over. Kaput. Finito. Finis. Over. Done.

I know that sounds kinda nutty, but it's just how I am. I look at my workouts as my leave me alone time a cherished hour of peace. They're my time to think, sweat, push myself, perhaps even utter a few unkind things toward my TV trainer of the day. :) And I really don't like to be interrupted.

However, I do plan to try to get something in later today. Dean plans to mow both the front/back lawns today, so that just might be my ticket to Fat BurnVille. (Hee hee)

Hmm. Where was I? Oh yes. Nutrition!

Well, I didn't too horribly bad. No junk food, which is great. No sweets. (Hooray!) Still heavy on the carbs and light on the produce though, which is bad. {Sigh} I plan to do better this week though. I'm going to get more fixings for veggie sandwiches and perhaps take a stroll through the local Farmer's Market this weekend to load up on fruit for snacking. That'll be good! :)

Alright, I've taken enough of your time. It's your turn to check in! :)

Oh wait. One last thing. Has anyone been keeping up with the Core Conditioning program? What do you think? Have you noticed any results yet?


3 comments:

Leah said...

I'd really rather not confess, but I messed up this week. In fact, I messed up pretty badly.

Good thing this week is over, and I can start a new week with a clean slate.

Lorie said...

Hi. I just joined - I'm a level one. My first week went pretty well and I am excited to continue.

Annie Kate said...

I totally understand your 'alone time' mentality. That's one of the reasons I like weeding the garden. (Grin!)

Have a great, fit week!

Annie Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails