Friday, May 21, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


Okay, I'm going to be very blunt and honest with ya'll....

I did virtually nothing this week. (Let the flogging begin!)

Sure I did a few push-ups, crunches, squats. I also did my usual walking around town, running errands and such. But as far as a serious sweat-inducing workout? Nope. Not even once.

Yep. That's bad, I know. {Sigh} And to be honest, I don't know really know why. I mean, I wanted to...I just didn't get up 'n do it. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in myself. You all hereby have my express permission to chide, cajole, and otherwise coerce me into submission next week.

On the plus side, I cut my calories back a bit which hopefully helped curb the inevitable "lazy week" weight gain. {I haven't checked yet because--I'm scared to!} But I figure it must've helped a little bit as my jeans are looser in the waist this week than they were the week before. Then again, that could be chalked up to hormonal/water fluctuations so...who knows? :)

I've been having too many bad weeks lately, have you noticed? What is wrong with me, anyway? Ugh! I've got to kickstart (emphasis on the "kick") myself back up. Summer's almost here and that means short sleeves and tank tops. There's no way I want my Incredible Hulk arms flopping around in the gentle summer breeze, you know? Those suckers have to be tighter. Period! :)

Please oh please say you've had a better week than me....I need the inspiration, ladies!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Well, I had a better week than the one I had last week. However, your worst week still sounds better than my best lol.

Thanks for the inspiration to keep trying. :)

Annie Kate said...

If you need to be cheered up, come visit my blog. I had a great week. :)

And I'm sure you will next week, too. Just be patient with yourself and listen to your body. You aren't an exercise machine, you know. You're a PERSON, and that's much more important.

((Hugs))

Annie Kate

Michelle said...

Well, Chai Mommy,

I think that your worst weeks also sound better than my best weeks! I skipped last week but tried again this week--rather unsuccessfully, but I tried. I'll try harder next week. :)

homeschool101 said...

I have missed posting the last month and keeping up with everyone. I know what you mean though, I hit rough weeks like that off and on through out this time. So far not doing so so bad.

I am seeing loser jeans/shorts also. Even had to buy a few more tops or pants/shorts. :) But I still have a ways to go to get where I want to be.

Hang in there. Find something that you enjoy doing that may be of help with more motivation or try a detox, honestly, the detox the first three days are hard, but so worth it. You will feel refreshed, energized, as well as detoxing while trying to lose weight helps you lose the weight faster, and curb your appetite. Just a thought. I know you will be just fine. WE all have our moments. Your not alone. :) I am getting my post ready for tomorrow will drop back in the am. Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails