Friday, June 4, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


 

Wow, is it really Friday already?! I think Memorial Day through my schedule off a bit--or at least, my sense of a schedule off. That's more like it.

So, were you able to keep active and eat relatively healthy over the holiday weekend? (sly grin) I realize that might've been tough with all the yummy BBQ's and other such culinary adventures taking place. I personally dined on pizza and breadsticks, which was definitely not the best thing for my hips! {Carbs are not my friends.}

But I did manage to (drum roll, please...) pick up the necessary produce (lettuce tomatoes, pickles) and hearty bread (12 grain) to make plenty of my veggie sandwiches! Hooray!! I've officially eaten veggies this week, ladies! Oh my gosh! Alert the media, folks! Aren't you proud of me?

Yes, I'm aware I need to get out more. Moving on!

These are my workouts for the week:
  • Monday: 2 mile walk (blah...)
  • Tuesday: Firm-Cardio Sculpt
  • Wednesday: Jillian Michaels-No More Trouble Zones (a literal pain in the rear!)
  • Thursday: 1.5 mile walk (double blah) / personal hip and thigh routine: donkey kicks at various angles, leg lifts, squats: 4 sets of 12-15 reps.
  • Friday: 4 mile walk (an improvement, however slight) / will perform personal hip/thigh routine later this afternoon/evening adding 5 sets of deadlifts, lunges, leg presses.
On a slightly different note, how many of you watched the season premiere of Jillian Michaels new show, "Losing It with Jillian" this week? I watched it the first night, then the children (who go to bed at 10pm and were sorely disappointed they had to miss it) caught the encore showing the day after. They love her almost as much as I do! (Hee hee)  Anyway, if you missed it (or have no idea what I'm talking about) you can check it out here.

Alright, ladies! It's your turn! How did you do this week?


2 comments:

Leah said...

Hah! No memorial day here. I'm not in the US.

You've been doing well, Denise, so quite whining.

I've not moved one bit in about two weeks, hardly eaten at all, and... welll, life just went totally wrong over the past two weeks. But I'm on my way to recovery.

Now if only those stubborn doctors would quite trying to stuff my body with their stupid meds!
Grrrrr!

Laura O said...

Denise,

Now that the baby's a bit older, I'm finally jumping on board. I feel the need to dump the extra poundage somewhere other than on my hips!

WTG on the veggies. It's going to be a struggle for me (between cost and ease of implementing.) But I know from experience that I feel so much better (and have better looking skin) when I get a good dose of fruits and veggies in my diet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails