Friday, June 11, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


It's another gloriously sunny day here in Washington state! {Aren't you glad when I open with a joke? *Grins*} Okay so perhaps the weather isn't all that glorious but I'm determined to be cheerful. This is in an effort to combat the sheer laziness settling in this morning. I woke up and--I'm not kidding--my first thought was, "Ugh...I don't wanna work out!" Then I smooshed my face back into my pillow. It's days like this that are so tempting to think, "I've done enough this week" or "I'll just work out tomorrow". But we all know that's not true. Or at least, I know! :o) 

Yet as tempting as the idea sounds, I cannot afford to continually slack off. I've done too much of that lately and believe me, it shows. I've also discovered that the older I get (I hate the way those words taste..ick!), the harder it is to keep my weight and figure under control. I suppose this supports the research that states that after the age of 25, we lose 3-5% of our muscle mass every decade. Of course, exercise reduces or eliminates this issue, but only if you actually do it. :-]

Want to know what I do on days like this, when motivation is scarce? I go to my favorite fitness websites for inspiration! Websites like Oxygen Fitness Magazine , Muscle & Fitness Trainer (similar to SparkPeople in that there's a free option, but it's for the "gym rat" types--of which I'm not, but I want to look like one) and other favorite magazines like Muscle & Fitness Hers  and Fitness Magazine. After spending a few minutes on any of these sites (or a combination thereof), I'm fired up 'n rarin' to go! :-]

How do you stay motivated? What inspires you to get up 'n get moving on days when you'd rather stay in bed?

Before I open the floor for comments, I should probably share about my week, huh? (Minor detail...) Okay, so I did my usual walking on Monday and Tuesday (approx 2 miles each day--very mild workouts, obviously). Then on Wednesday I did the Firm-Cardio Sculpt, Thursday was Jillian Michaels' "Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism" cardio workout (which I hate doing, but love the sweaty results), then today's workout was Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones". I hate this one, too. But I appreciate the results!

I've also eaten several veggie sandwiches (yum!) and consumed a lot more water. Hooray! I've even cut back on my chai consumption! (Gasp, shock, horrors) Crazy, huh? ;-]  I'm hoping that the decrease in sugar will work wonders for my figure. We'll see! If not, I can always go back to my normal 4-5 cups/day. (*Hee hee*)

Okay ladies, it's that time! Fit Mommies, report for duty! :o]


6 comments:

Laura O said...

I think I need to consider staying motivated a bit more. It's definitely harder to lose the weight as you age.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

After completely falling off the band wagon, I'm back. I'm staying motivated by agreeing to do a 3 month review of a fitness program. I figured that would get me back in the habit. ;)

Leah said...

Losing weight is not my problem; I seem to be perpetually underweight, and have been ever since I was a child.

I didn't do a Fit Mommy post this week, as I really haven't done any exercise at all. After my recent illness I still haven't had the energy to exercise yet.

I did some walking, though. And made smoothies (with lots of fresh fruit) every morning for breakfast. :)

So Instead of my Fit Mommy post, I posted about my 16-year old's accomplishments in the graphical arts.

homeschool101 said...

Well, I definately need more drive. I am doing ok but I need a Jillian Michaels Kick in the rear end. Lol! Where is she at when I need her? Lol!

How do you like those two work outs, I have been wondering about them myself. I need a hard boot. Lo! Not as hard as I think I guess, since I am not doing so bad... Blah... Keep up the good work... Results is our goal right?! :)

Annie Kate said...

Motivation? Why? Have a nap instead. LOL

Just keep plugging away, Denise; every time you exercise, you build health.

Blessings,

Annie Kate

Kelly said...

Thank you for putting your site on the Crew Forum. I am new to the Crew, and I've been struggling with the want and desire to lose weight, but with no accountability it would fizzle out. I hope I'll be able to keep this up. I'll post my first post on Friday (although I plan on drafting it today) and then we'll go from there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails