Friday, June 25, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday


*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*



I'm so sorry for the delay, Ladies!! Please forgive me. I've been running around like crazy, trying to prepare for our family's weekend trip to Whidbey Island. My in-laws will be arriving shortly to join us. I've been up to my eyeballs with cleaning, packing, grocery shopping--you name it. I'm exhausted and it's not even noon.

To make matters worse, I've been sick all week long with a nasty sore throat and headache. Today the headache has decided to leave, which is wonderful. But this rotten sore throat is really kicking me in the fanny. Ugh!

Anyway, because of my illness I haven't eaten much of anything all week. It hurts too much to swallow so I've basically been living off of toast and herbal tea. I haven't worked out, either. I honestly didn't have the strength or energy to do so. {Sigh} And I had such high hopes for myself this week, too! Bummer...

I think I overdid things last week with getting ready for my daughter's recital and not stopping to catch my breath, even though I could feel this cold virus seeping in. I thought I'd avoided it pretty well when it finally hit me, but then seemed to go away. But when I woke up on Tuesday, it had clearly returned with gusto.

I hope the rest of you have had a better week. Please say you have...?


5 comments:

Leah said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not well, Denise, and hope you'll feel better soon.

Hopefully your weekend away will give you new strength an dmake you feel better.

I had a pretty good week. Some downs, but more ups, so that's good.

Kelly said...

So sorry you've been sick this week. But I do want to thank you for being that extra push I needed to get back on the weight loss bandwagon.

Lorie said...

Sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better for your trip.

I did not have a good exercise week (or 3) but I am counting on a better one next week.

Get well!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

(((hugs))) Feel better soon!!!

Laura O said...

Denise,

I hope you feel better and can enjoy the trip. Living off toast and tea is not my idea of a fun time.

Remember...there's always tomorrow....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails