Friday, August 6, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


I'm pleased to report that this week was nearly just as good as last week. :)  There was one minor nutritional indiscretion (Snicker's bar) but in my defense, I actually found it in my bathroom cupboard. I did not intentionally buy it. I'll explain...

Earlier in the week, my mother had made a quick run to the store for me. I don't remember what was going on that day, just that for some reason I didn't have time to go myself. So when she brought the bags inside, I put the pantry items away and put the bathroom items--still in their bag--in the cupboard underneath the sink, sight unseen. For now.

Then on Thursday, I remembered there was still a sack inside the cupboard. When I took everything out, the Snicker's bar was at the very bottom. Apparently mom felt I'd needed a little treat that day or something. :)  Feeling as though I'd won the lottery of sorts, I decided I should express my appreciation and gratitude by eating it. (*Ahem*)

Thankfully I've been keeping up with my workouts this week, so the candy bar didn't do too much damage. :) Moving on!

I've been switching back 'n forth between veggie sandwiches and tuna sandwiches, which have both proven to be quite scrumptious. (Yum!) Water intake is better than before, which I'm proud of. And chai consumption is still low. I've been eating less carbs too, and that's helped me feel less "puffy" overall.

Each morning I've completed at least one--if not two--Firm videos, with the exception of today. Instead I performed my own mini-routine due to time constraints. (Push-ups, crunches in a number of directions, arm/shoulder work, squats/lunges for legs. Four sets of 12 reps each exercise.) And as always, lots of walking.

Well there you have it--my week, in a nutshell! Like I said, I'm under a time crunch this morning (going w/ Dean to his doctor appt in about an hour), so I'd better get going. I hope you all take a few moments this weekend to celebrate all you've accomplished so far during your participation in Fit Mommy Friday. You deserve it!!! :)

3 comments:

Leah said...

What a sweet gesture of your Mum to leave that snicker's bar there. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I would have done the same. Without regrets.

Laura O said...

Hey, snickers have nuts which are good for you! And, I'm convinced that some chocolate is a good thing. I rarely have a day without some kind of chocolate.....

Great that your mom was thinking of you and knew you might need some chocolate therapy.

Annie Kate said...

Wow, did you ever have a great week! Especially finding that wee gift from your Mom! I just love that.

Annie Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails