Friday, August 13, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


Happy Friday to all you sweet, hard-working ladies! :)

How was your week? Were you able to push past any hurdles? Drop a few pounds? (Or even ounces?--Hee hee)

My week went fairly well, despite the fact that I didn't push myself nearly as hard as I have been, workout-wise. However, I was careful to get in a mild workout (like a few miles on the bike or walking, short weight routines along with the bike/walking) on a daily basis. This was a rather (ahem!) "hormonal" week around here, shall we say? (*Wink-wink*) Therefore I wasn't up to my new normal consisting of 2 workouts back to back.

Nutritionally I'm the same. Although I didn't find any more surprise Snickers bars, I did scarf down the last 3 bites of my husband's Ben & Jerry's ice cream the other day. (Like I said, "hormonal".) Thankfully the monthly swing-shift is now behind me and I can get back on track. ;-)

Oh, and surprise! I dropped a pound even WITH the B&J's. Woohooo! A whole freakin' pound! Granted it's not a lot but it's enough to give me one deliriously happy day! :o]

And here's something else I re-discovered. If I think I'm hungry, when I know I shouldn't be, chances are a big glass of water (or a cup of tea) will cure the hunger pangs. You see, I love to snack on a little something, especially when I'm reading or sitting at the computer for an extended period of time. I don't know why this is, but it is. :) So I found that by drinking something like water or hot tea, I realize those hunger pangs are either a case of boredom or even thirst. Neat, huh? I thought so, too. :)

Unfortunately, I have to cut this short. I have a number of pressing errands to get to this morning. (Sigh) But hey--that counts as more walking, right? Hmm. In that case, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Okay, now it's your turn to share. :) What were your successes this week? Do you have a tip to share?

3 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

I am sitting here drinking a glass of cold water with a few drops of Lemon Drop stevia in it. Quite satisfying on a hot summer day. Of course, I did eat lunch an hour ago so that might be why I'm not hungry, but still sometimes water or tea can curb those hunger pangs, can't they? :)

Annie Kate said...

Yes, water is great!

My tip: it's easier to focus on health if you're not behind in everything else....

It sounds like you had a good week, though. I'm noticing a trend with your weight loss: you tend to lose weight when you eat bad foods. What's up with that?

Annie Kate

Sheri said...

be fit on the inside woman, pick up this sunny award here: http://hsingonawingandaprayer.blogspot.com/2010/08/award-time-sunshine-award.html

you deserve it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails