Friday, September 10, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


*Yawwwwwnnnn!* It is soooo dreadfully early, ladies. At least in my neck of the woods (those of you on the east coast, kindly disregard). Dean had to be up at 4am this morning in order to make it to work by 5am. Therefore, today will be a "heavy-on-the-chai" kind of day! :o{  (Good thing I bought another can last night, eh?)

Because I'm still not quite fully functioning, I haven't completed this morning's workout, nor am I too sure how long I'll last when I finally get started. ;o)  Okay, okay...that sounds bad, I know. What I meant to say was, I plan on getting my workout in as soon as I'm done writing this post! :) There. Now I'm starting to feel better about myself. *Hee hee*

This past week, I've been doing more exercises using my own body weight, such as Pilates and various ballet exercises which, by the way, really work your thighs when you do them right! It's been a lot of fun, as I tend to get bored with the same routine week after week. That and feeling the deep, lesser-used muscles engage and respond is always a treat! ;o)

Oh! And I'm pleased to report that my diet has been MUCH better! Woohoo! I've been eating lots of veggie sandwiches and bananas for snacks, and with the exception of a slice of apple pie in honor of Rosh Hashana, I haven't had any "sweets"! (High fives)

My goals for next week are:
  • to include at least 3 days of Pilates/ballet into my regular weight routine
  • ramp up the produce and water intake. (You know...as a sort of "detox" from all the chai I'm about to consume today...Ahem.)
How was your week? Did you try a new--or "forgotten"--form of exercise? A new recipe? Sign the Linky below and tell us about it! :)

WAIT! One last thing: check out this awesome website called "ShapeUpMom.com". The author is Kathryn Sansone, a woman I first heard about a few years back whilst watching Oprah. (Yes, I know it's cheesy to say that, but it's 100% true.) She's the mother of 10 and she looks absolutely fabulous! Check it out. :)


3 comments:

fosteringmyfamily said...

First, I have to say that changing up the exercise is an absolute must. I would be bored out of my mind doing the same thing over and over.

I checked out Shape Up Mom - what I find most impressive is that she has managed to mother 10 children -and many of them are just a year apart in age. But she does look outstanding - thanks for sharing, I'd never heard of her.

Oh, and you mentioned on my blog that you spotted a Crossfit sign. Do check it out! Our gym offers a free first class - I'm sure this is pretty common. I'd love to hear about your first class - if you get a chance to do it.

Annie Kate said...

What a good week you had! You've rediscovered the joys of ballet and pilates and you've had tons of fresh fruits and veggies! Way to go!

I'm going to see the mom of 10 site! I met a mom of 9 recently, and she looked like a 'go to the gym and never had kids' lady. And I think she's a grandma too! Oh well, we all do our best, right?

Have a great week!

Annie Kate

Michelle Smith said...

I understand about the need to change up the exercise routine to prevent boredom! You continue to inspire me, even when I've had an off week or two! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails