Friday, September 10, 2010

Wired Blatherings

Well, my awesome "Fit Mommy" streak has been blown to smithereens, thanks to a heaping bowl of Cocoa Puffs and a frothy cup of chai. {No, I'm not ashamed...}

And now that I'm officially wired {at almost 10pm}, I've decided to let my fingers fly across my laptop and fill ya'll in on all our latest happenings! {Gee, don't you feel fortunate? *Wink-Wink*}

This Sunday {as in, the day after tomorrow} is our 3rd and final day {not in a row} in which we have nothing going on until next month! {Now, now...it's not nice to envy...}

Abby's ballet class started back up this week, and now when you walk through the door, you'll see my smiling mug staring back at you! Why? Because I'm working at the front desk this year. Woohoo! I'm so excited! At the moment, it provides plenty of time to catch up on some reading, which is totally fine by me. But I have a sneaking suspicion things will perk up pretty soon. ;o] 

We're at the studio 3 days/week (M/W/Sat), while Ethan & Sierra are at taekwondo on T/Th/F, and Sierra's Youth Group meets on Wednesday nights. {Good times...}

Oh, and of course--homeschool! Can't forget that. You know, I had every intention of starting that loooong before this week, but then--wouldn't you know it?--life happened and well...yeah. That idea went KERPLOOOEY! Hence, our starting after Labor Day. :)

Then there's all the other events taking place, such as....

A super-cool Star Wars-The Clone Wars House Party next Sunday for Ethan and approximately 9 of his closest buddies. ;-) We got our Party Kit in the mail last week and...well...I'll let the photo speak for itself:



There's something like 10 action figures, a board game, tattoos, online game codes, a CD with extra-awesome behind the scenes footage...and the lightsabers? Oh, those were ours already. {Hee hee} Now be honest; is that not one of the coolest party packs you've ever seen in your entire life?! {Sorry. The chai is starting to take effect. *Ahem*}

Let's see...what else? Oh yes! A baby shower! That's happening on the last Sunday of the month.

Birthday parties....lots of birthday parties...{Jeepers, why do so many folks have to be born in September, anyway?!}

Then there's Dean's concerts; one was last Saturday {Dave Matthews Band}, while the other takes place NEXT Saturday {Further}. And speaking of "Further"...Dean's taking Ethan to said event, which will mark our son's first ever Grateful Dead/concert experience. Let me tell you, Dean is one proud Daddy! {While I'm totally going into convulsions over the very thought...Darn hippies! LOL}

Hey, I just heard the news anchor say that there's going to be a "video game exhibit" at this year's Fair. Does anyone else find that disturbing or is it just me?? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but don't people go to the fair to get in touch with country/farm life? Seriously: Video games + Fair = weird!

*Yawn* Wow...I'm getting tired. {Kindly refrain from shouting "Hooray" until I'm offline, thank you.}

G'night everyone! {"And remember, children....Caffeine is BAD for you!"}

4 comments:

Laura O said...

Denise ~ one bowl of 'dessert' cereal is not that bad. Should I go eat another small handful of peanut M&Ms to make you feel better ;o)

As for the Star Wars party.... I am SOOOOO jealous. We applied and didn't get picked. Way cool.

Rachel said...

I find myself smiling so often when I read your blog. That party stuff looks awesome! Oystein said "Cool, I get to take Nathan, right?" Umm..no, you get stay home and get the house ready for sale. ha (Ok, I just thought of motivation-think Cinderella-if said husband gets all his stuff finished before the party and still makes it to church, he can go to the Star Wars ball. I am laughing!!)

Heather said...

What fun going on in your world! I bet the ballerinas will enjoy your fantastic attitude! The Star Wars house party looks so cool:)Have fun!

H-Mama said...

I'm hoppin' over from Faith, Family & Fun...

My oldest is involved in everything dance, too. Such a fun {busy} season in life, yes? ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails