Friday, October 1, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


What a week! I feel as though I'm drowning in all that we have going on around here at times. It's enough to make one go insane--insane I tell you! :o)

Squeezing in a decent workout is proving harder and harder with my schedule. Today I'm sitting down with a pen and notebook and jotting down a real, set "schedule"--complete with time slots!--for myself to follow from here on out. Dean's often says I need to work on managing my time better and he's right. It's just so hard at times. (Sigh) Can I get an "Amen!" from all the homeschooling mommies out there? (Hee hee)

My workout times weren't entirely disasterous, though. While Dean was in the shower each morning, I'd do a quick set of push-ups (15), followed by a short arm routine with light (5 lb) weights: upright rows, overhead presses, lateral and anterior deltoid raises, and tricep kickbacks. I performed 2 sets of 10 reps each exercise.

Once he left for the day, I'd work through a Pilates tape or a Jillian video. (Both of which seriously kicked my fanny! Ha ha!) But unfortuantely, I was only able to do them twice this week. (Sigh. I feel so ashamed...See? I have to plan my days better. That's all there is to it.)  And as always...lots of walking back 'n forth around town and through downtown Seattle. That's just a given. I probably shouldn't even put it down as part of my total! It kind of feels like cheating. :o)

On a positive note, my water intake is way up. (Hooray!) As is my chai consumption. (Boo!) I've avoided junk food and sweets, with the exception of one minor "french toast" incident. I made a batch for supper one night because it was just too quick 'n simple not to. (Ahem)

I ate 4 slices, by the way. Drenched in syrup. :o/

So that's it for my weekly check in. Now it's your turn! Share your highlights--and low lights--for the week. And while you're at it, would you mind sharing when you fit your workouts into your schedule? I have to get mine in before the children get up. I'm a real "private" exerciser and don't like an audience. I also consider it my "me time" experience that I don't want to be disturbed. (Wink, wink)

2 comments:

Cris said...

Thanks for the inspiration. It's just what I needed: support and accountability. I'm looking forward to it.

Annie Kate said...

Oh, I so need to find some time to schedule exercise in! I even forgot to post Fit Mommy Friday until Monday afternoon!!!

Oh well, I can blame it on harvest brain. Did you see my harvest decor post? It will explain everything.

I agree that time management is difficult. The problem is that each day has only 24 hours and some of us silly people want to get 48 hours worth of activity in. Humph!

Blessings,

Annie Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails