Now I realize many families are super-busy these days, even more-so than ours. I personally know several homeschoolers who participate in things like Boy Scouts, 4-H, team sports, science co-ops, book clubs, music lessons, and volunteer projects. While we don't do any of those things, I still find myself wondering how on earth we got this stinkin' busy in the first place!
You see, I never planned on being "one of those mothers" that shuttled their children back 'n forth all across town. In fact, I distinctly remember vowing I'd never fall into that dreaded "soccer mom" trap. (Ahem)
To give you a better idea, here's what a typical week looks like around here:
Monday - Ballet 6-7:30pm (This involves riding the bus to downtown Seattle.)
Tuesday - Taekwondo 6:30-9pm
Wednesday - Ballet 5:45-8pm, Youth Group 7-9pm
Thursday - Taekwondo 6:30-7:45/9pm (Ethan's out at 7:45, Sierra stays for adult sparring.)
Friday - Taekwondo 4-7pm, Ballet 4:14-5:45pm
- Dean works Monday through Friday, while I work at Pacific Chamber Ballet on Tuesdays from 4-5:30pm. (I also work from home for Vala Dancewear/Class Act Tutu.)
- Monday/Wednesday, I take Abby to ballet and Dean picks us up.
- About 30 mins after we return home on Wednesday, Dean picks Sierra up from Youth Group.
- On Friday, Abby and I ride the bus to/from ballet, while Dean gets Sierra and Ethan to/from TKD.
- Tuesday/Thursday I take Sierra and Ethan to/from TKD. (Thursday involves 2 trips due to their split schedule. Thankfully, their school is only 1.5 blocks away.)
Now bear in mind, this is only a portion of our schedule. It does not include things like appointments, errands, homeschool lessons, chores, birthday parties, etc. Speaking of birthday parties, we've got something like 10 of those on the agenda for November alone. (Let's not even discuss December... *Shudder*)
All of this makes me very glad we're not involved with Nutcracker this year, although we are hoping to be a part of it next year. (Ahem. Wish me luck.)
Now, if you happen to be laughing your head off right now over what I refer to as "a busy schedule", please leave a comment detailing your life’s insanity below. I'm more than willing to have my woes put back into proper perspective. ;-]