Well, how do ya like that? I’ve been tagged twice with the same fun questionnaire meme. Each set of 8 questions is different, so for the sake of time, I shall answer both sets now instead of doing it in two separate posts.
The first set of questions comes from my friend, Heidi.
1. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? If so, how close to being finished are you? I’d like to know your Christmas shopping personality. We don’t actually celebrate Christmas in our home, but we observe Hanukkah instead. And in answer to the shopping question—no. I have in no way, shape or form started my holiday shopping. (Sigh) I’m waiting for the funds to start the process! My shopping personality is “Freak out, Scramble and Dash”. I freak out over doing it, scramble to work the budget, then dash out at the last minute to get it all done. Ha!
2. Is there a particular field trip destination that you and your kids could (and do) visit over and over again? Umm..no, not really. We don’t really do a whole lot of field trips to be honest with you. (Yes, I know that sounds bad.)
3. What is your favorite season, and why? I’d have to say Spring is my favorite because it’s just starting to get warmer without being blazing hot or freezing cold. (At least not too often!)
4. Are you content with your home? If not, what would you like to change (assuming money is not an issue)? I’d really, really love a second bathroom! While we’ve learned to manage over the years with one “loo”, it would sure make things a lot easier—and faster—in the mornings if we had a second!
5. Do you have a dream vacation destination? I’d like to one day visit Mexico and Spain. Maybe look up some relatives…eat a massive amount of food. ;o) I’d also love to visit Israel one day!
6. Do you have a favorite Bible verse? I love Psalm 34. The whole thing. :)
7. Do you decorate your house for the seasons? Short answer—no. I don’t. :) I’m not that crafty, unfortunately.
8. What one thing would you change about yourself if you were able? Do I dare say my weight/shape? (Yep! I dare!) It would be nice to snap my fingers and have my pre-motherhood shape/size back.
Okay! This next set of questions are from my friend, Michelle…
1. What type of gifts do you prefer to give? Do you prefer home-made, gift certificates, store-bought, etc? I give store-bought and/or gift cards. I never give anything home-made because—again—I’m not that crafty or talented. ;-)
2. What type of gifts do you prefer to receive? Would saying “cash” make me sound like a terrible person? :) But it’s true; I prefer money or a universal gift card like a pre-paid Visa that I can use on groceries or put toward a bill. I *rarely* buy anything for myself, even if the gift card is intended for me.
3. Do you stock a gift closet, or box, and purchase gifts throughout the year? No, but that sounds like a neat idea! :)
4. What is your favorite type of music? Do you have one? I like a little variety. During the day, I’ve usually got the radio tuned to the Classical music station (I absolutely love Mendelssohn, Vivaldi, Mozart). I also enjoy some contemporary Christian music, as well as music from the 80’s and 50’s.
5. Do you like chick-flicks, or not? YES!! I’m a total chick-flick diva! What’s really cool too, is that Dean will totally watch them with me. And sometimes, if the ending is just right, he’ll even cry with me, too! :) (Shhh…! Don’t tell him I told you.)
6. Do you have a hobby? Do you make time for it regularly? I guess you could say my hobbies include reading, writing, and working out. So with the exception of keeping my blog updated (ahem), yes I try to make time for all three. :)
7. What is your favorite thing about where you live? Every place has its pros and cons. What are the “pros” about where you live? What I love about my “little town” (it’s actually a bustling city) is that several places are within easy walking distance from my home. (Truly a most convenient feature!) That and because I grew up here, I’m very familiar with every aspect of the area. I love how much it’s grown over the years. (Although the traffic isn’t so fun.) Oops! Only supposed to mention the pros…sorry! :)
8. What is your favorite kids cartoon movie? I don’t have an absolute “favorite”, but I do enjoy Disney movies especially the Princess ones. ;o) Oh, and Lion King! Always a goody….
Since I’m totally brain-dead after this incredibly stressful week, I hereby tag everyone that’s reading these questions! Feel free to answer one or both sets of 8 questions on your blog and tag your friends. :)