Friday, November 5, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday - Challenge Week 2

 

Hello ladies! I apologize for my tardiness this morning. I've been having a rough one - health wise - this week.

Things started off with a bang on Monday with a oh so lovely UTI, followed by an abscessed tooth. Joy! Yes, I've been chugging the cranberry juice and apple cider vinegar, which have helped tremendously with the UTI experience. As for the tooth...well, nothing's really touched it unfortunately. It definitely makes eating, drinking, breathing, living life one step short of torture. I share this to explain why this morning, I went back to bed after Dean left for work at 5am. I've had such a hard time sleeping this week, for obvious reasons. (Soooo not cool!)

Anyway, back to this week's check in.

Monday - Focused on upper body as lower was not in any condition to do anything productive.
Tuesday - Pilates
Wednesday - More upper body. Focused primarily on super-sets with weights for back, chest, shoulders.
Thursday - Pilates
Friday - Rested.

My diet hasn't been altogether "bad" but it hasn't been exactly nutritious, either. I've mostly been eating soft foods like bread, that won't kill my tooth. I don't have dental insurance nor the money to get this nasty bugger fixed. I'm hoping I can find some effective way to keep the pain and infection at bay until after the tax return comes in. (Yes, I realize that's a few months out.) There's just no other option right now.

Okay, with that tale of woe now coming to a close (LOL), I would now like to turn your attention to the results of the Fit Mommy "Group or No Group" vote. :)

Well, it seems we're evenly divided as to having a group and keeping things as-is. Sooooo...with that in mind, I'd like to open a Yahoo Group (as some have mentioned, they do not have a FB account) and let those that would like to converse throughout the week the opportunity to do so. I'd set it up to where everything was totally private and "by invitation only". If you'd like to be a member of the group, then please include your email --spelled out--in the comments section below (example: deniseopper at gmail dot com--no "@" sign or ".") and I'll get the invite over to you as soon as everything's set-up. Okee dokee? :-)

Alright, now it's your turn to share your week's successes and trials. I hope you've made tremendous progress and that you're finding your goals within reach! :-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you have had such a "painful" week. I know how it feels to have teeth problem...due to diabetes, my gums are not in the best of shape. But since making so many changes to my diet, I have been able to keep my teeth and my gums looking healthy :)

I pray that you are feeling better soon.

M.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I'm so sorry that things have been so difficult and painful this week. Praying that you find some comfort and relief.

i cant decide said...

Oh, my! I hope your tooth heals quickly. I can't believe how much exercise you got in while undergoing that kind of pain!

On the tooth health thing, if you don't mind a few suggestions. You could start using an oral irrigation system on the lowest setting and try oil pulling. I haven't been to the dentist in 10 years(lazy) and anytime my teeth start hurting I do both of the above and the pain goes away. I have sensitive teeth but if I do oil pulling every morning they almost never bother me!

SisterTipster said...

Sure hope you get to feeling better quick! Thanks for such a great meme and giving us the opportunity to join us! HUGS!

momma24 said...

I am so sorry that you have been sick. That is no fun. Have you tried gargling salt water for your tooth? It might help with the infection/stop it. Sounds like you did a great job this week anyway. Way to go!

Lorus! said...

That is a tough week! Be careful with that tooth!
I would like an invite to the yahoo group - becauseofourchildren at gmail dot com

Annie Kate said...

Oh dear, what a week! I hope you can find something natural to help out with the tooth for a while! And I pray you'll feel better soon.

((Hugs))

Annie Kate

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

I'd be interested in the group if others are. My email is ctheilac at bellsouth dot net

Debbie Phillips said...

I would like to be invited to the Yahoo Group.

dlphsmom at aim dot com

thanks

Mrs. White said...

I wasn't able to write a post today, but will do a double one next week!

Blessings
Mrs. White

Kelly said...

I have a tooth problem too. I have one that has a hole of some sort in it and seems to be "rotting" or something, but we are in the same position - no monies for that and no insurance coverage. I try to avoid eating on that side especially with nuts and such. Hope you feel better this coming week and have a good week!

Mari said...

Double Ouch!

here is my email address for the yahoo group. 18ma78(at)gmail(dot)com

Heather said...

Oh, Denise! Sorry to hear about your health issues. That sounds horrible. Is there any way you can use medical insurance to get fixed? Like go to ER and have doc tend to it there? technically, an abscess could be medical as it gets into your system? I'll ask my husband to ask his Dad (a dentist) if he knows anything to do. I think they are on vacation, but hopefully, I can turn up something. Praying for you!

Rodna Allman said...

I am sorry you are going through that. I have been there.
No sugar really helps, and rinsing with salt water does too.

veryblessedmamma at yahoo dot com

Thanks, looking forward to the group!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails