Friday, March 4, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday



*The purpose behind Fit Mommy Friday is to encourage mothers in their quest toward healthy living. Whether your goal is to lose weight or simply eat healthier, Fit Mommy Friday is about sharing our weekly successes, struggles, and goals for improvement.*


Clearly I'm not as on top of things as I should be, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't get this out until just now as opposed to last night before bed. Sorry! :-(

My check-in for the week is nearly identical to last week's. I'm still using the new Tracie Long Fitness workout {which I absolutely adore!} and find myself performing a few of the video's exercises when I have a moment of free {read: uninterrupted} time--like when putting away laundry or whilst cleaning the bathroom. {I have a small bathroom, so that basically limits me to squats and lunges! Hee hee}

I haven't had any junk food, unless you count the massive amount of peppermints {Altoids and off-brand Lifesavers} I've consumed this week. You see, I have an addiction to these as well as chai, and I can go through a whole roll of the cheapies in a matter of minutes! Kinda odd, I know. But they're so yummy!

My weight's stayed the same {drat!} but I suppose that's okay. I have noticed a few changes in the muscle tone and definition in my thighs {Yippee!!} that I attribute to those wicked dead-lifts and 4-part lunge combination I was telling you about previously. {Wink-wink} That always makes me feel good! {The definition...not the lunges!}

Now if I could just get my stomach, hips and rear-end to cooperate, I can die a happy woman. Ha!

Before I close, I'd like to take a moment to provoke a bit of sympathy from ya'll. You see, I'm going in today at noon for my very first {and hopefully my last!} root canal. I've heard all sorts of horror stories about the pain involved and quite honestly...? I'm starting to panic. Sure, I've given birth three times {twice w/o any pain meds, thankyouverymuch} so I'm sure I can handle getting my tooth drilled and gutted. Or not. {Ahem}

Plus, I have to be done with this silly appointment in exactly 90 minutes, as I have to get Abby down to ballet class by 3:45pm.

I'm also supposed to be attending some sort of "parent mixer/get-to-know-each-other" party after the class, too. But given the root canal horror stories, I'm probably not going to be feeling all that social tonight.

Okay, I'm done whining. For now. You may see more whining from this blog later this afternoon. :o)

In the meantime, I can't wait to hear about your week! That at least will make me happy! :)

4 comments:

Very Blessed Mamma said...

I have had root canals. It is really not as bad as people try to make it out to be. It will be OK. Good luck!

Briana said...

Uh, oh. I hope everything goes well!

SisterTipster said...

HOPE you feel better soon~

Debbie said...

My dd said her pain before the root canal was worse than the pain of having the root canal, but I know everyone is different. Her pain mostly came from keeping her little mouth open as far as she could so the dentist could work. LOL I hope your appointment went well and that you are mostly pain free. Glad to see you had a good week exercising and are "enjoying" doing... or rather enjoying the benefits of... doing the crazy pain inflicting lunges. I pray you have a pain free, enjoyable, restful weekend. Thanks for doing Fit Mommy Friday and keeping us all "on our toes."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails