Friday, March 25, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday



*The purpose behind Fit Mommy Friday is to encourage mothers in their quest toward healthy living. Whether your goal is to lose weight or simply eat healthier, Fit Mommy Friday is about sharing our weekly successes, struggles, and goals for improvement.* 

First of all, I need to toot my own horn just a bit (toot-toot!) for staying out of the chocolate zone known as my kitchen for the majority of the time. I did snarf down a cupcake during Abby's party, along with 1 lowly peanut butter ball. {Which were de-freaking-licious, by the way. Hee hee} 

However, I have not had a really decent workout all week. No real excuse, other than the fact that I have this weird phobia about working out when my husband's home. And since he's lost his job, he's been home...well, all week. I have squeezed in a few exercises here 'n there (squats, push-ups, crunches) but I haven't had a real "pull the weights out and fire up the DVD player" type workout that I love--and dearly miss.

I know I technically can workout when he's home--I just can't bring myself to do so. {Yes, I know that makes me strange.}

So that's been my week..."uneventful" is the word I'd use to describe it best.

In other news (as you've already noted), hubby still hasn't found a job. I however, have received a couple of responses to my resume. {Imagine that.} Not sure what will come of the jobs yet. I haven't been officially offered a job, just interviewed over the phone and discussed hours of availability. But in any event, it seems as though hubby and I may end up switching roles here really soon. Prayers are appreciated.

How was your week? Has Spring finally "sprung" in your area? Are you able to get out and enjoy the sunshine? Here in Washington state, we had exactly 1 nice day this week. ONE! (LOL) But now we're back to normal--cloudy, rainy and cold. {Shrugs} Gotta love it! :o)


5 comments:

Darla said...

I actually walked twice this week...both times with my hubby! And,I am hoping to get in at lease one more before the weekend is over. It is my son's birthday and I have every intention of eating AT LEAST one cupcake...maybe even two...so I guess I better make that trip to the track a priority :)

Jen said...

I know exactly what you mean by working out in front of your husband. I will not do it. LOL! I'm blessed that my husband works 2nd shift so it's easier for me to get that time.

Have a great week!

Stephanie said...

I use to do the Tae Bo videos but could never do them in front of my husband because I always thought I looked foolish doing them. So no, you are not strange for not wanting to exercise in front of your husband. I am right there with you!

Blossom said...

I don't like to exercise in front of anyone... not even at a gym. Too self conscious. Finally got to work out with a friend this week! We've been trying to get it together for weeks now.
Good for you for avoiding the chocolate...the only way I can is if it is not within a mile of my house. So... it doesn't work ;)

Briana said...

Sending good job vibes your hubby's way! You should send him on some errands so you can exercise, lol. Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails