Friday, March 18, 2011

Stand Back! She's Gonna Blow...!

I need to vent {hope ya'll don't mind}, and I figure since this is my blog, I can do whatever I want. :o)

First up... the issue with the COBRA insurance. Now there's a headache and a half. 

Now per federal law, Former Employer must furnish this upon employee's termination--literally, as you're walking out the door.

Was hubby's furnished to him at said time? No.

Have we received anything in the mail as we were told we'd receive this week? No again. 

The end of the month is coming up fast, and if something happens to my husband's insurance, I...will...freak...out! Not in general terms but on them. {To quote Poppy from Beverly Hills Chihuahua: "I'm gonna go all kindsa Mexican on them!"}

Then there's the issue of waiting for a call back regarding the million and one resumes we've submitted. {Tap, tap, tap. Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone out there?}

It's so hard to watch your husband's spirits sink lower and lower every day, knowing there really isn't anything you can do to help ease the burden. Yes, I'm looking for a job, too. But I'm not having any luck, either.  And if I do get one first, then we'll totally swap roles {Me = full time provider, Him = Mr. Mom}. I was semi-planning for this already, hence switching our homeschooling method to a less hands-on approach. But I'm still praying that things will pick up enough with my home-based jobs to where I won't need outside employment.

There's other little things too...things that really don't bear mentioning but still eat away at my brain each day {and at night when I try to sleep}.

I know somehow we'll get through it, we always do. {To quote Dean's new mantra: "God will provide...God will provide..."} I just feel a bit like that line from "Praise You In The Storm": "I was sure by now, God you would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say "Amen" and it's still raining..."

Sometimes I feel like my prayers are falling on deaf ears. Other times I feel like, "Something good's coming, just hold on!" Then another bill comes in. Another phone call comes through. Another delay. And I think, "Okay, seriously?! Haven't we had enough..? No? (sigh) Okay, then. Thy will be done, Lord..." I know trials are designed for our benefit. I just wish they didn't last longer than a minute. (Hey, I'm being honest.)

But then I look at others' situations, like those living in Japan right now. Who am I to complain about something like a job when people have lost--literally--everything? What makes my situation that much more important than theirs? What makes my prayers that much more important? Nothing, that's what.

Okay, I think I'm done. Carry on...and thanks for listening. :)


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Denise,

No one's prayers are more important than another's but ALL prayers are important. God wants us to go to him for everything-even the little things-and a job isn't a little thing.
Your family is totally in my prayers. God is working through you all-whether you see it now or not!
Love you!
Rachel

Heidi said...

Denise~ I love you and I'm praying for you and your family through this difficult time. I've certainly been in storm-like times of my life too. It's ok to vent.

Mrs. White said...

Such a beautiful song! Hugs and prayers for all!

Blessings
Mrs. White

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails