Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week in Review

It’s been snowing off ‘n on all day. (Yes, my fellow Washingtonians – I went there! I’m now talking about the dreaded snow, just like everyone else.) It’s supposed to continue like this all week, which really doesn’t make me happy. Why? Because I’m not a fan of being cold, and the commute to Seattle will be even more unpleasant than normal. Oh well. Such is life!

{And honestly, it’s not a ton of snow. I just can’t stand it in any amount. *Wink*}

In other news, Abby goes back in on Wednesday to get her foot x-rayed. Hopefully the break has healed enough (and the pain has subsided completely) to get the “all clear” to begin dancing full-out again. Prayers are appreciated for this. Her foot’s still hurting and it’s been 5 weeks!

Guess what! Dean and I celebrated 14 years of togetherness back on the 11th. {Isn’t that somethin’?!} And to mark this momentous occasion, he surprised me with a dozen bright pink roses when I got home. Everyone say it with me: “Awwww…!”

Guess what again? I’ll begin training on a new position at work (hospital) on the 23rd. I’m really looking forward to it! The additional hours will be such a huge relief, even though I have to be there at 5am for a week. (YUCK!) There’s not enough caffeine in the world, folks…sigh. But like I said, I’m looking forward to it, and I hope to pick up more (consistent) hours once I’m trained. We.shall.see!

And now for a bit of a sad story…I was without a washer for a full 24 hrs this week. Longest 24 hours of my life! (Ha!) Thankfully, it was fixed quickly and I’m now back to my regular daily laundry routine. (Dean made it a point to tell our beloved maintenance guy/pal that, “Denise is really going to freak out! No – you don’t understand. I mean, she’s going to fuh-reeek out without a washer!” (I’m laughing now, but at the time I did “humph!” like a pouty 2 year old.)

I’m looking forward to reviewing Seattle Dance Project’s “Project 5” next Saturday! It’ll be so great to see Miss Rebecca, my boss and friend from Class Act Tutu. It’s been far too long! Just wish her beautiful daughter Rachel could join us. But sadly, she isn’t feeling well. (Poo!)

Sierra’s at her boyfriend’s house making homemade fettuccine alfredo. I hope she plans on sharing when she gets home! (Hee hee) Not sure how to take the whole boyfriend-thing still. It bugs me, I gotta say. Guess that just goes along with growing up to some degree. Thankfully Ethan still thinks girls are gross and Abby thinks boys are weird. That makes me super-happy!

Man, this post is BORING…I need to get out more or something.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails