Thursday, January 10, 2013

For the Love - and Loathing - of Kenpo X

Today's sore upper arms brought to you by...Kenpo X!

Ugh! I cannot BELIEVE how sore my arms are after yesterday's "little" kickboxing workout. *Yikes!*

Yes, I know (now) that I should've expected it. But quite honestly, I didn't think that kickboxing - with all of its jab, cross, hook, upper-cut glory behind it - would do much for your muscles because it didn't (wait for it...) require the use of weights. Doh!

{Yep, I admit it. I'm a total weight snob.}


Well, after a good 30 minutes "in the ring", I've clearly learned my lesson. I will never again doubt the benefits of a "kick-butt" kickboxing routine. EVER. My arms are killing me, people. Kill.ing.me!

And while I LOVED doing all those super awesome jab-jab-attack moves (seriously, I had a blast), I did not...I repeat, did NOT love the Yoga warm-up.

Nuh-uh. No siree, bub. Didn't like it at all. No way, no how!
"You have GOT to be kidding me!"

I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to jump on the Yoga-wagon. Perhaps if I was all super f-l-e-x-i-b-l-e and bendy like a twisty straw good Yogi should be, then maybe I'd enjoy it. {BTW, am I even using that word correctly? Yogi? Ehh, whatever.} 

But in all honesty, it would take a highly trained pit crew to hose me down with WD-40 in order to get me to properly execute each pose! (Think: Tin Man) And since THAT'S not gonna happen (safely), I guess I'll have to work on the ol' flexibility the old fashioned way....

With much weeping and gnashing of teeth! :)

Wish me luck, everyone...




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails