Yes, it's true. I've gone bonkers, my friends. Absolutely bonkers....(and it's all Tina's fault). Allow me to explain.
You see, she sent me an email this afternoon with a link to the NaMoWriMo website along with a little note that said, "I think you should do this...I know you have it in you."
Surrrrrrre I do!!!
However, being the highly-susceptible-to-the-power-of-peer-pressure-person that I am, I went along with it.
I read over the website, filled in my info, and hit "submit". Fate...sealed.
(Click here)
My mission is to write a 50,000 word (175 page) fiction novel in a whopping 30 days. (With quantity over quality being a key factor. You know...to take the pressure off.) I have from November 1-30th to complete this mammoth task.
What, you may be asking, do I receive should I complete this insane mission?
Simple. Total bragging rights. And a nifty certificate. And a blog badge. (Which is still really quite significant, considering I'm always in the market for a good ego-boost.)
Trouble is, this baby has to be an entire work of FICTION. I've never written anything remotely classified as fiction in my life. I read plenty of it though, so I'm hoping that'll help fuel my imagination a bit. We'll see!
Anyway, if any of you out there care to join me in this absolutely bonkers mission, feel free to sign up. It's free. There's even a "children's" version of the contest with a much more stomachable (is that a word?) word count.
I'm half-tempted to create an entirely separate blog in order to chronicle my literary journey...(a'la Julie & Julia) but then again, that may prove to be too much writing. Hmm. Must think on that a bit more.
Anyhooo......here's to writing the great American novel in 30 days! Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:
Umm...yep, you're nuts. LOL So not something I would do.
Denise, do we get to read it when you are finished?????
Keep us updated!
love from
Mrs. White
Post a Comment