Yet, finding the right mineral makeup --one that provides great coverage and stellar color matching--all at a decent price, is something I struggle with. Enter this next review product...
Ancient Stones Mineral Makeup is fast becoming one of the top competitors in the mineral-based cosmetics industry. Ancient Stones uses only pure mineral sources that contain absolutely no fillers, additives, preservatives, dyes, perfumes or talc. {You know, the ingredients that can cause reactions and breakouts. Ick!}
Foundation:
Their foundation is finely milled and feels light as air against your skin. It contains titanium dioxide ~ nature's very own sunscreen {even during the winter months, a girl can never be too careful!}, and comes in 25 different colors, making it easy to select the perfect shade that's right for you.
I received a sample of "Jean's Jewell" and was amazed by how accurate it is to my skin tone. I mean, that's a huge deal, folks! I can't begin to tell you how frustrating it is for me to find the right color, without having to mix two colors together. So to have it be exactly right--right out of the box? Wow.
Equally impressive is the fact that the foundation is light enough to allow for multiple layers of application without leaving you looking like a cakey mess!
Super Soft Focus:
If you're looking for additional solar protection, you've got to check out their Super Soft Focus. This white powder contains a whopping SPF 50+ and is applied before your mineral foundation and gives the skin a soft, airbrushed look. Although it's not a concealer per se, it does effectively tone down any irritating red marks or blemishes without giving you a pasty face in the process. {Trust me -- it's amazing!}
At first, I wasn't sure how well I liked the idea behind Super Soft Focus. It felt a bit redundant considering the foundation already had an effective SPF to it. But then I realized I could use Super Soft Focus on other sun-exposed areas like my neck, collar bones, shoulders -- without having to use up my foundation or apply a tacky feeling lotion! Bliss...
Eye Shadow:
I'm not normally an eyeshadow person but every once in awhile, a girl needs to add a little more "pizazz" to her peepers! ;-) Just like their foundations, each of Ancient Stones' eyeshadows is 100% natural and free from all the irritating junk. I received samples of Sheba's Sigh and Butter Cream to try and loved how shimmery they both were and was duly impressed by their coverage. Not only that but it somehow left my eyelids feeling softer after a few uses. {Bonus!}
Ancient Elixir Setting Spray:
Once you've applied your soft focus, foundation and eyeshadow, it's time to "seal the deal" with a few spritzes of Ancient Elixir Setting Spray. This patent-pending formula contains silver and copper, which provide antibacterial and elasticity enhancing properties to the skin. {Ooo la la!} Not only that, but it's a great way to "wake up" first thing in the morning {squirt squirt!} or refreshing perk after a workout. :)
I'll admit I was worried the Elixir would wash my makeup right off! But it's really not that powerful at all. Just a little bit goes a long way and leaves your makeup looking fresh and intact for hours. Awesome!
And now...The BIGGEST Giveaway This Blog's Ever Seen!!!
The super-generous folks at Ancient Stones Nurturing Naturals are offering five (count 'em!) F-I-V-E lucky Got Chai? winners their very own bottle of Ancient Elixir Setting Spray and jar of Super Soft Focus, just because you're all so incredibly fabulous! How cool is that?!
All you have to do is:
- Leave a comment telling me what your current makeup brand is along with your email address so I can contact you in case you're the winner. That's IT!!!
- "Like" Ancient Stones on Facebook {counts as 2 entries}
- Mention this contest on Facebook, Twitter and/or on your personal blog {counts as 5 additional entries!} Be sure to come back and leave additional comments for these!
What are you waiting for? Leave your comments and tell all your friends to check out Ancient Stones Nurturing Naturals today. You won't be disappointed! :)
*As a member of Business2Blogger, I received the above products for free from Ancient Stones Nurturing Naturals in exchange for an honest review. No additional compensation was provided and the thoughts/views expressed in this review are my own.*


48 comments:
This sounds like a great product, I'd like to give it a try. My current make-up bag includes almost everything: Mary Kay, Clinique, Cover Girl, Estee Lauder...
YAY! Love mineral makeup! My current brand is Bare Minerals, but I am hoping I get to try something new! And you know my email....thanks!
I shared your link on Facebook.
Comment 2 for FB share.
Comment 3 for FB share.
Comment 4 for FB share.
Comment 5 for FB share.(Just delete these comments if I misunderstood and am doing this wrong.)
and now I like them on FB.
Oh, dear... now my secret's out... my current makeup brand is... nada. I *would* love to try one of these mineral brands one of these days, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. ;)
That Super Soft Focus stuff sound great though! :)
I wanted to stop by and let you know that the Chai arrived otday. I steamed up a nice frothy cup as soon as I put the boys to bed. =)
This one looks great, too. I currently use Mary Kay, (also a mineral powder line) this line sounds great.. and that spray is brilliant just for the reasons you mentioned. Some SPF for places that aren't my face. (Just thinking about the sun is nice as the snow comes down!)
I am addicted to mineral eyeshadow. I am currently using orglamix.
kdodosn at yahoo dot com
Hay girlfriend!
I am a Cover Girl! :)
I use a lot of Laura Geller makeup and an occasional Bare Minerals product.
Penny
www.notnewtoautism.blogspot.com
Liked them on Facebook.
Shared on FB.a
Shared in FB. (2)
LOL, just saw that I wrote Hay instead of Hey. Anyway, Shared on FB. (3)
Shared on FB. (4)
Shared on FB. (5)
I like Ancient Stones Mineral Make on facebook (1)
I like ASMM on facebook (2)
I use a variety of brands--primarily Loreal and Cover Girl.
Im a revlon girl! laura_licious101@hotmail.com
I use whatever is on sale but mostly Covergirl.
I like them on fb (2)
Tweeted (1)
tweeted (2)
tweeted (3)
tweeted (4)
tweeted (5)
Hi Chai Mommy~I don't use it, but would like to begin~Thanks for such a cool giveAway! whoohoo!
I'm liking on FB~#1
I'm liking on FB #2
FB mention #1
FB mention #2
FB Mention 3
FB 4
FB 5
I have an assortment of make up in my case (all probably too old to be using...) Most is Mary Kay, but there's some Cover Girl in there, too.
lauraoneill69 at yahoo dot com
Current make-up is a collection of what was on sale, Revlon, Loreal, olay,avon, arbonne,even some wet and wild!
would love to try something that is natural and good for the skin. You know I need the SPF.
And now I liked 'em on Facebook...counts as two right??!! :)
Physician's Formula Organic Wear. E-mail address is shaelanoe@hotmail.com
Count me in for one entry. Currently, on the occasion I actually bother with make-up, it's Mary Kay.
I use Bare Minerals
Christina@aclosetwriter.com
I "liked" them on FB
I tweeted about the giveaway too
http://twitter.com/#!/closetwriter/status/29585902758010880
My current makeup brands are rimmel and MAC.
thifas blog (at ) gmail(dot ) com
I use Meow Cosmetics.
Post a Comment