Friday, January 15, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



So, how did you do this week? Were you able to keep the momentum going? Did you drive it up a notch?

This week was ok for me, although I must admit I did very poorly when it came to my goals. I never did add more cardio like I'd hoped, but I did keep my workouts steady for the week.

Nutritionally, I did much better than last week---lots of water, remembered my vitamins, and avoided junk food. Hooray!! It certainly wasn't easy, though. In fact, there were moments when I *seriously* wanted a Reese's just because I was having a bad day! :)  But I didn't.

For a boost of motivation, I'm enclosing four tips I read in an e-newsletter from Tosca Reno, author of the Eat Clean Diet. I felt they segued rather nicely with the whole premise of Fit Mommy. :)

You can learn more about this amazing lady by visiting her website: http://eatcleandiet.com/  While you're there, be sure to sign up for her newsletter! It's good stuff, Maynard! ;)


1. The key to improving is progression, not perfection. If all you can manage right now is a walk to the end of your driveway, then do it! Next time go to the end of the driveway and five steps further. We each begin our journey at a different fitness level, but as long as we challenge ourselves a little each time, we will get better, stronger and fitter. If you haven’t worked out in five years (or ever) you won’t be running a marathon this week. But if you stick with it and keep progressing, you just might run one next year.



2. Muscle recovers at rest. We break muscle down in the gym and it gets repaired at rest. That’s how we get stronger. For proper recovery, you need at least one full day off each week and you need an entire day off before training the same body part with weights. You also need to get enough quality sleep!



3. To get results from exercise, pay attention to your diet! You already know that your diet makes up 80% of your physique, but do you realize that your body needs top nutrition to get the most from your exercise sessions? You can’t build a magnificent house with sub-par materials and you can’t build a magnificent body with sub-par food. By following The Eat-Clean Diet®, you’re giving yourself the best muscle-repair nutrition there is.



4. Consistency is king! Exercise has to be do-able for you. If you try to fit in too much, you’ll end up quitting altogether. It’s far better to work out four days a week consistently for the rest of your life than it is to try hitting the gym every day and then find you either don’t go at all or go irregularly. The same idea applies to time of day. The best time to exercise is the time that works best for you. It doesn’t matter if research shows mornings give you a 1% better result. You won’t get any results if you don’t show up!


See? I told you it was good stuff! Now that you're all fired up 'n rarin' to go (hee hee), it's time to sign the Mr. Linky and check in with your fellow Fit Mommies! :) (If you'd like, feel free to post your current level with your name.)

May your coming week be even more successful than your previous week!






3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for doing this! I will go check out the site you mentioned:)

Devildogwife said...

Not such a great week for me, but I'm signing in anyway. lol! ;)

Annie Kate said...

Hey, I love that. I'm definitely not going for perfection, but progress would be wonderful.

Thanks, Denise!

Annie Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails