Friday, January 22, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday




Iiiiiiiit's FRIDAY! Fellow Fit Mommies, you know what that means!

This week was actually a bit difficult for me. Nutritionally, I totally blew Wednesday's "health streak" with several handfuls of Fritos (which I'm sure I'll pay for that in the form of swelling up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloon).

Now, I'm  not usually a chip eater with the exception of eating out at Mexican restaurants. But in my defense, I haven't had Fritos in *years*. (I used to eat them almost religiously when I was a teenager!) But then Dean bought 2 bags at the store (buy 1, get 1 free), so we ate chips and sandwiches for dinner.

I told myself I'd only have ONE chip...but then...

Oh.my.goodness! That one Frito was sooooo good!

I soon found myself grabbing handful after handful of crispy, salty love. (I am truly pathetic.)

However, that was the only culinary indulgence I engaged in this week, so I guess that's not too bad in the grand scheme of things. (I'll give you my official answer once the bloating sets in.)

Anyway, in workout news I did pretty well. So well in fact, that I'm still sore today following Wednesday's and Thursday's vicious plank circuits. (Thank you, Jillian Michaels...) Anyone else torture themselves with those? Not necessarily Jillian Michaels' routines but planks in general? Because seriously, my obliques and hips are killing me just sitting here! I also had the privilage of "feeling it" in my abs when I sneezed earlier. Yeah...good times! LOL

But it's a "good" kind of pain. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Not so sure I'll perform the same circuit back to back next week (or ever!) but I enjoyed it at the time. :)

Next week, I plan to use a Firm tape at least once during the week, in addition to the Jillian workouts. Perhaps then I won't be in so much agony. I also vow to step away from the Fritos. This should be easy, considering what's left in the bag probably won't last through the weekend, and they're no longer on sale.

Wait! I almost forgot! I read this great Q & A and thought I'd share it with all of you. It's about effectively resetting your metabolism after years of yoyo or crash dieting. Click here to read more.

So, how about you? What challenges and successes has your week delivered? Sign the Mr. Linky below to share your thoughts! :)


1. Katrina @ Mama Manuscripts (fit pregnancy)
2. Michelle Smith @ A Life Better Than I Deserve (Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris)
3. Danielle @ Rocks at my feet
4. Heidi @ Chatter & Clatter
5. Mrs. White The Legacy of Home (Level Two)
6. Heidi (Reviews & Reflections)
7. Lisa C. @ the Wyldhouse Homestead (Eating Healthy on the Road)
8. homeschool101
9. Heather @ Faith, Family and Fun
10. Tea Time With Annie Kate
11. kathy @Stewards steno
12. Lori@Not-So-Superwoman
13. Debra @ Footprints in the Butter
14. Tracy 3Guys & A Doll

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

TOSHeidi said...

Hey, Denise! I had a bit of a Fritos weakness this week too. What's up with that?!

Heather said...

Those bags of chips are dangerous! It is fun to hear about your workouts, I hope to get halfway there someday!

Annie Kate said...

I LOVE chips too. But most of the ones that enter this house aren't gluten free, so I'm OK. No real temptation there.


Annie Kate

Debra said...

Well, I'll have to confess that Fritos are one snack I buy sometimes for the kids because I know I won't be tempted to touch them... now sour cream potato chips? Different story entirely.

Sounds to me like you did fantastic this week though.

Tracy said...

I could never eat just one Frito. No way! Thankfully we never have them in the house because my youngest is allergic to corn products. Food allergies are helpful for some things. :)

homeschool101 said...

Sounds like one small detour is not so bad. Its the temptings that come after. lol. Doing great. I am glad you put this together. I enjoy the challenge and the joining with others. Lol! have a great weekend and coming week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails