Friday, January 29, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday




We've made it through another week, ladies! Woohoo! :)

I don't know about you, but I feel a lot better about sharing this week than I did last time. For one thing, I've been able to keep to my chai-fast and have avoided junk food 90% of the week, with the exception of last night.

Yes, I know. "Lucy? You've got some 'splainin' to dooo!"

Well, everything was going great until right before we had to leave for ballet. I made the kids a cheese pizza and some mini tacos to snack on. Now, I didn't eat the pizza. That part was fine. However, I did eat about 5 mini tacos. Five baked-but-still-greasy, frozen food, mini chicken tacos. Yeeaah. Not one of my finer moments. But man, were they ever good! ;o) (Did I say that?)

Then after ballet, I made supper consisting of breaded baked chicken and pesto bread with mozzerella and tomatoes, all from Trader Joe's. Again, not the healthiest fare but still quite yummy. Apparently, I had a hankering for cheese after avoiding dairy (in the form of chai) all week, because I ate 3 slices of pesto bread. Ahem. I also sneaked 2 more mini tacos that were left over. (Shhh...!)

However, I did a lot better with my week's workout goals. Everyday found me doing something--a Jillian or Firm workout, or else peddling like a madwoman on the bike. :) Hooray! My thighs seem to be in a state of perpetual mutany, but that's ok. It's good for them.

On Monday, The Troll began spouting vicious rumors. It registered a slight weight gain. (Gasp!) I threatened The Troll with a slow, torturous death should it ever talk back to me like that again. (What? Doesn't everyone name their bathroom scale?) It regained its senses and redeemed itself on Thursday morning. However, I haven't visited The Troll since then (remember all those tacos!). I figure it's best we avoid each other for the time being. I'm hoping the adage, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" will hold true in this case.

Last but not least, I'm sharing a few links I've used over the years to help me track my progress. Now, with the body fat calculator--please don't take this as being 100% accurate. It's only an estimate. To get a really accurate reading, I recommend visiting either a local gym or your doctor's office. However, for home users to get a rough idea of where they are, it's good. :)

Calories Per Hour

Am I Fat? (Yeah, I know. The name doesn't thrill me either.)

Calorie Restriction Calculator (scroll down, enter your info, and get ready for several results)

Weights.Net (Also calculates your one-rep maximum)

Ideal Weight Calculators

So there you have 'em. Now, onto the part you've all been waiting for! It's time to share your week with the rest of us. :) Sign the Mr. Linky below and let's this party started! (Yes, I've had lots of green tea already. Sorry.)

1. Mrs. White The Legacy of Home (Level Two)
2. Katrina @ Mama Manuscripts (fit pregnancy)
3. Heidi (Reviews & Reflections)
4. homeschool101
5. Lisa @ The Wyldhouse Homestead
6. The Crazy Mom
7. Tracy
8. kathy @Stewards steno
9. Heidi @ Chatter & Clatter
10. Heather@ Faith, Family and Fun
11. Debra @ Footprints in the Butter
12. Danielle

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

Mrs. White said...

Denise, you are so funny and encouraging!!!

Heather said...

I love your Dancer posts! I have copied the links and will go over them over the weekend. Honestly, I totally blew this week--I even overdrank and had 5 beers last night (and not low carb, either) I have to get out of winter funk!

Heidi said...

OOOHHHHH NOOOOOO! You gave up your chai? You told me you were keeping the chai! How can I keep my chai guilt-free if THE Fit Mommy has given up chai.

So. Not. Fair.

~ Denise ~ said...

Heidi~

I didn't give it up for Fit Mommy. I only gave it up because it was hurting my stomach. That's the ONLY reason! Once I'm successfully detoxed, I shall resume my normal guzzling, trust me! LOL (Of course, that probably defeats the whole purpose of not having more stomach pains but...it's sooooo good!!! I can't hold out for much longer.)

By all means, KEEP your chai! ;)

Debra said...

Love your post this week. Would have commented earlier today, but I was feeling guilty for not having mine written. I thought I might do an actual workout today and have something to report...

homeschool101 said...

Great post. I think I may need to do an other detox after the birthday this week. Blah! Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails