Friday, March 26, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're brand new to my blog or to the Fit Mommy Meme please click here to learn how you can participate. Join the band of merry wives and mothers as we move one step at a time in the direction of health and fitness. :) It's a lot of fun, I promise no one bites, and the encouragement is incredible.*


How goes the battle? Unfortunately, this week was a bit tougher than I'd planned due to a mishap with my baby toe.

Yeah. My baby toe.

Not some gloriously achieved injury whilst engaged in strenuous physical activity. No, I merely rammed my toe into my bedroom door frame around 4:30am. I was in a mad-dash to get my little dog, Fernando outside before he got sick on the carpet. (Yuck) I was racing about, turning off our house's security alarm, yanking the slider door's blinds up, then turned to see that Fernando was still retching in the bedroom doorway. So I shot back down the hall as fast as I could (did I mention we have wood floors? And I was wearing socks?), when suddenly---just as I was bending down to pick up my baby---CRACK!! My toe hit the door frame.

Not the best way to wake up, lemme tell ya!

So my swollen, very sore, very purple toe prevented me from working out (from the waist down) from Wednesday--Thursday. It was all I could do to put a sock or shoe on! Thankfully, I was still able to get some ab and arm work in during that time. :o/

Anyway, it feels much better now and Fernando did make it outside in time. Barely.

So before the incident, I had been doing well. Used the bike a lot, jogged around the neighborhood in the early mornings...(gasping for air like a fish out of water)

You wanna know something I learned? There's a real method to breathing when you run/jog. While I'd heard such a thing existed, I never bothered to pay attention before now. (I'm sure Tracy is having a good laugh at that, aren't you dear? --Wink!) Moving on!

Nutritionally, I totally bombed--hard. My daughter's birthday was last Friday and of course, that means cake. Plenty of scrumptious, mouth watering, carb-a-licious cake! :) I won't even tell you how many pieces I had (because I lost count), but I will say how bad I felt eating each one. Obviously not bad enough NOT to eat them, but bad enough to hop back on the bike for an extra 20 mins or run around the block an extra lap. I'd like to say that made up for my lack of willpower, but...well...I can't. {Sigh}

So it's back to the drawing board this week. The cake is cleared out, my toe is healed up and I have no excuses!

What about you???


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Your poor toe! My dogs get sick all the time and can completely picture what led up to your smashed toe. Unfortunately, my big lugs almost never make it outside and there is no picking them up and placing them there. As a result, I have one trained to puke on the tile floor! Still ewww, but not as bad as carpet.

Annie Kate said...

Oh my! That does NOT sound like a happy incident. I'm glad you're feeling better.

As far as the week is concerned, I didn't do so much either. And I just finished a yummy g-f peanut butter cookie. Shhhhhhhh!

Annie Kate

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry about your toe! That HURTS like crazy! I didn't laugh one bit about you gasping for air until I pictured you looking like a fish while you ran. lol! I haven't posted my week yet. I have my long run tomorrow so I'll post then. Keep up the great work!

Cheryl Henderson said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your toe. It's amazing how much those little suckers hurt! And everyone knows that the best cure for a purple toe is to eat lots of cake!

And here's your proof: The cake is gone and the toe is healed -- what more proof do you need? :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails