Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Frugal Exploits (or “A Page From the Cheapskate Files”)…

DSCN6333
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m slowly getting the hang of this coupon thing.

I clip my 5 Sunday papers worth of coupons each week whilst combing the sale ads for the best deals possible. I plan my meals according to said sales (well, for the most part. Okay, not exactly. But I’m getting there!), and do my best to come out on top. (Enter Rocky theme…)

So without further ado, allow me to share my latest frugal exploits.
This pic contains everything (less 2 items) I’ve purchased over the past 2 days for $12.81. (And just FYI, I bought everything at Albertsons.)
  • 4-half gallons Silk Almond Milk ($2.99/each)
  • 1 pkg 10 ct. tortillas ($2.00)
  • 1 pk dental floss ($1.99)
  • 8 bottles Herbal Essences Shampoo/conditioner ($2.79/each)
  • 2 boxes Post Pebbles cereal ($1.49/each)
  • 2 boxes Honey Bunches of Oats cereal ($1.49 each)
  • 2 pkgs Dole Fruit Chillers ($2.39/each—not pictured)
My fistful of coupons brought things down as follows:

Almond milk
Catalinas: (coupon that prints with your receipt)
  • 1 free half gallon (worth $2.99)
  • $2/2
  • $2 /1
  • $1.25/1 manufacturers coupons (Sunday paper) x3 
Total OOP: $1.22 (or $0.40/each x3 because the 4th was free already)

Tortillas --
$0.75/1, plus Albertsons Double Coupon $0.75/1
Total OOP: $0.50

Herbal Essences --
$1/1 x 8, plus 8 Albertsons Double Coupons $1/1 x 8
Total OOP: $0.79/each (Not bad, considering that’s what I normally pay for the cheap stuff!)

Post Pebbles and Honey Bunches of Oats --
$1/2 x 2, plus Albertsons Double Coupons $1/2 x 2
Total OOP: $0.50/each

Dole Fruit Chillers --
$1/1 x 2, plus Albertsons Double Coupons $1/1 x 2
Total OOP: $0.39/each

The only thing I didn’t have a coupon for (which irritates me to no end) is the dental floss. {Sigh} So unfortunately, I had to pay full price for it.

Admittedly, this is not the absolute greatest of savings on record (have you seen some of those super-coupon bloggers? Gee whiz!), but I’m pretty darn happy with myself. :)

Less the dental floss….{Darn it}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails