Friday, October 22, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday - 10 Week Challenge Kick-Off

 

*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*

There seems to be a common thread here among us Fit Mommies and it's this:

A serious lack of motivation!

Factors such as: stress, an insane schedule, illness, injury, the new school year, or even the dreary fall weather can do a number on our workout routines, pushing them and our goals to the back burner.

Trouble is, many times that's exactly where they stay. Once the vicious cycle of "Exercise, eat right, get fit, feel great / Get bored, gain weight, feel bad" begins, it's hard to stop. (Can I hear an "Amen"?)

Yes of course, we all fall into a rut from time to time. That's normal. But we can't allow ourselves to stay in that rut and lose all the progress we've made. It's not fair to ourselves, our health, or even our families.

So with that said (wait for it...) my Fit Mommy co-creator, Mrs. White and I have devised a fun way for all of us to "get back in the game"! (Here it comes...)

Beginning Monday, October 25 and running through December 31st (65 days), Fit Mommy is hosting its first Fitness Challenge! (This will be similar in format to The Biggest Loser: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/ )

Whether you've been a part of Fit Mommy from the beginning or are just joining us, everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate!

To participate in the Fit Mommy 10 Week Fitness Challenge:

You must set a serious fitness goal for yourself. It can be to lose 15 lbs, drop a dress size or two, maintain a healthy "clean" (no junk food) diet the whole time (yes, that includes the holidays!), exercise every single day without fail, etc. Your goal should be tailored to your personal health/fitness needs. All we ask is that it be a real, honest, challenging goal. For example: losing 15 lbs is a challenge. Saying you'll eat one piece of fruit each week, is not. ;o)

You may track your progress by using the handy Fit Mommy 10 Week Daily Checklist available through Mrs. White's blog. This is not a requirement but simply a tool for you to use.

Then on December 31st, each participant will post their results. The winner --the one who met their goals successfully--will receive a fabulous prize package!!! (Prize to be announced later. No, it's not a box of donuts. *Hee hee*)

*Please note that in the event of several winners/goal achievers, an overall winner will be randomly selected by a number generator.*

So what do you say? Are you ready to get fit and start 2011 on a positive note? Then join the Fit Mommy 10 Week Fitness Challenge today by posting this week's check in and/or signing the Linky below stating that you're in. Don't forget to download the daily checklist from Mrs. White's blog! It's the ideal tool for tracking your progress over the course of the Fit Mommy Challenge.

To kick things off, here's a great article--courtesy of The Biggest Loser--titled "Relapse and Recovery 101".
Looking for a fun exercise challenge? Check these moves out, courtesy of MyTrainerBob.com.

PS: For a fun twist, consider "teaming up" with local friends and family for one-on-one motivation and accountability! ;-)

28 comments:

Shannon R said...

I"m in!!!
MY GOALS:
1. to start (AGAIN!) and finish the couch to 5 K
2. to lose 15 lbs (that's a pound and a half a week for 10 weeks... I can do that!)
3. and just for "fun" - to NOT have any dessert of any kind from now until Christmas Day (as far as I can go during the holidays, but then I'll go back after Christmas day to the no dessert thing till the end of the challenge. Deal? LOL!)

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION! :o)
Blessings!

Vickie said...

Maybe this challenge will give me a boost. I've been pretty stagnant weight-wise for awhile now.

So my goal: to los 15 lbs. If my FM can do it...so can I :o)

Jenni said...

I'm excited to start the challenge! Thanks for creating it, and posting it. I hopefully will be able to follow-through. Not always something I can do, but hopefully, this time, maybe? Small, baby steps are best for me, so this should be great!

Debra said...

I'm definitely in. I don't know what I'm going to set as a goal, I need to pray over that. I'll try to post something this evening or tomorrow.

But I desperately need a kick in the butt... 15 pounds sounds like a fabulous goal, but I'm not sure I want to put a number on weight loss right now. Hmmm.

The Crazy Mom said...

OK, OK, OK! I have not being doing Fit Mommies for a LONG time. Time to get back into it. I need a prize in sight, so this works for me. I'm just the kind of gal who needs external motivation. So, I'm in.

I am going to go with the 15 pounds deal. That sounds about right for me. I'm hoping that my competitive nature kicks in and I get motivated!!! :)

momma24 said...

Okay, okay, the pressure to join was more than I could handle! lol jk I NEED this I NEED to be held accountable and for someone to kick me in the hiney when I don't do it!! I want to lose 15lbs or more ;-) and exercise at least 5 times a week.

Wendy said...

Could I talk you into making this retro-active? LOL! I started in July and have just reached my goal of losing 15 pounds. :)

Lorus! said...

Thank you for the Challenge! I appreciate the accountability and encouragement.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

My goal is really more about being consistent rather than weight loss. Thanks for the kick in the pants. ;)

midwest mama said...

I think I might be crazy...but I'm joining in. This really couldn't have come at a better time.

Kelly said...

Thanks for this! I guess my post I wrote last night (on exactly this same issue) never posted, so I linked up with that. I hope this time will be the last time I say "I'm starting this again ..."

Laura O said...

I love the challenge idea to get us through holiday season! I lost weight on Weight Watchers during the holidays before, so I KNOW it can be done.

Goal for me????

As much as I'd love to drop 15 pounds, I know that won't happen in 10 weeks time. I just don't have that much weight to lose AND I'm still nursing J.

Instead, I'm going to pray over it. Should we be posting on the start date the official goal if we didn't say it now?

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

I'm considering. been sick for a month. I need to loose weight..(20-30 lbs) i have no idea how much exercise i will be up for. i think i can carve out something though.. i have to make sure i am 'in.' You want real motivation?? a friend did a contest a year ago on her well read blog. we had to send her a before picture and if we didn't loose the weight she was going to post the before picture LOL. There were no prizes needed. Of course only 4 people participated.

Annie Kate said...

Hey, now, this is cool!

My goals are:

1. to walk at least 6000 steps five days a week.
2. to do my physio exercises regularly and build up to the full reps by the end of the year.
3. to avoid sugar except on Sundays (or when my kids cook it into meals; I will eat what my children cook, although not what they bake).

Thanks, Denise, for getting us all going again!

Blessings,

Annie Kate

Annie Kate said...

Oh, and I will also allow myself a sugary treat on Christmas, SinterKlaas, and New Year's Eve. Got to be realistic here!

Annie Kate

Briana said...

Awesome! I'm joining in. Making my commitment public should keep me on track.

Debbie said...

Ok. I am in. I am not sure on goals. Anybody have any suggestions for a very overweight, probably counted as obese actually, almost 50 yr. old woman. I started Weight Watchers yesterday, at home because I can't afford meetings, and I have not been exercising at all. I have over 100 lbs to loose. I just started out on my diet and exercise program but I did not make specific goals.

I need help picking realistic goals. I will not be going without sugar. I have already switched over to WW friendly desserts and treats. I have increased my fiber, vegetable and fruit intake. I want to loose weight, but what is a reasonable amount?? Should I go with the 15 lbs goal? What about exercise goals? HELP!!

Very Blessed Mamma said...

Wow, we have a lot more joining us now than when I joined!
Are we all linking up each week or just on our own blogs?
I might be blogging on this daily as that may help me to keep going, telling each day.
Well, OK, tomorrow is the day! HEE HEE

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Finally got my post up! I'm going to be joining in with you all. So excited!

Very Blessed Mamma said...

I am wondering what you all think of perhaps starting a yahoo group or something so that we can stay in touch during the week and offer/ give motivaton to each to keep up the momentum?

Debbie, I am with you I need to lose 80-100 pounds as well.
I hate to even say that out loud.
It can be done though. I would highly suggest Leslie Sansones videos. They are more gentle and you can start out with the one mile videos and work your way up.

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Denise, I have completed a 12-week challenge successfully before so I know I can do it BUT I have not been motivated at all this year, and have an extra 10lbs to show for it. You all have motivated me so I am ready to go. :o)

Pink Slippers said...

Ok, I am IN! So...now I guess I have stuff to do! Thanks Ladies for getting this going!!

SisterTipster said...

I'm in~and ha! I posted a comment yesterday on the Jan post~hahaha! Okay..voted too...and thanks Chai Mommy for this beefy-loss challenge! ;-))

Debbie said...

My post is finally up with my goals. I am also putting my goals here.

1. I started back on Weight Watchers this past Friday. So my first goal is to loose at least 15 lbs. That means not only loosing the weight but not gaining it back over the holidays. That will be a definite challenge to me as holidays means food to our family. I will have to find some alternatives.

2. To begin exercising 10 minutes a day at least 3 days a week and increase from there to longer time and more days a week.

April said...

I just linked up! So excited to join in!!!

Christi said...

I am 11 days hysterectomy post-op, so not exactly sure what to set my goals at. I'm already walking a bit, so I guess increasing my walking day by day and adding some strength training when released to do so by my doctor. Definitely increase my water intake and decrease my diet pop intake. Eat more salads and decrease sugar intake. Good luck to everyone else and i'll be following your journeys!

maria said...

This is a terrific meme

I have 25lbs to go from the 75lbs that I lost earlier this year.

But those extra 25 seem to be stuck to my belly, my hips and everywhere else :{

So yes, count me in ladies!

M.

Nanette said...

Thank you for creating this! I'm a little late in the game, but still going to join in. My goals would be to tone up and become a healthier, happier me. I want to start workout at least 5 days a week, and stop eating so late at night all the time.
~Nanette

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails