Friday, October 29, 2010

Review: Buckets-O-Fun—Yuck Products

 

I have to admit that the words "Buckets o' Fun" and "yuck" don't exactly coincide harmoniously in my mind. I'm a total girly-girl and hate all things remotely considered "yuck". But for some strange and disturbing reason, my children--even my girly-girl Abby--enjoy playing with all things "yuck". (I blame their father...) With that said, this next review product had me shuddering and my children Snoopy dancing.

The kind folks at Buckets O' Fun sent us four packets of "Yuck":

Chunky - Starts out like rock salt but takes on a "chunky" ice cube appearance when wet.

Chunky

Saucy - Powder that transforms into a soupy applesauce consistency.

Saucy

Snowy - Pretty self-explanatory ;-)

Snowy

Sticky - This one looks like...well, snot. (Sorry, there just isn't a nicer way of saying it.)

sticky

Yuck products make for some supremely fun science experiments--and a few seriously gross practical jokes. For example, when mixed with a bit of green food coloring, Sticky Yuck really fools an unsuspecting grandmother (Sorry, Mom) when "launched" by a fake sneeze.

Kids…! They're soooo immature. (Okay, okay...it was my idea.) Anyway, back to the review!

Details, Details

Yuck products are made from non-toxic, biodegradable polymer that (obviously) absorbs water like crazy. Because of this, Yuck comes with a warning NOT to dispose of it down the drain as it'll clog your pipes. (I decided to be a good renter and not put this warning to the test.)Each packet contains complete instructions for mixing/creating each batch of goo, as well as suggestions for games and science experiments.

Final Thoughts

While I didn’t start out too keen on the whole “Let’s make some yuck!”, I discovered that these products really are fun to make and use. These products would lend themselves quite nicely to any sort of Bible Camp, VBS, Harvest Party (bobbing for apples in yuck, anyone?), or any sort of kid-function.

You can purchase Yuck in the following sizes:

One pound: $16-$20

Five pounds: $70-$90

Fifty pounds: $400-$600.

For more information about Yuck products or Buckets O’ Fun, please click here.

*Disclosure: As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I received four free sample packets of Yuck for the purpose of this review. No additional compensation was provided and the thoughts expressed in this review are my own.*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails