Friday, February 4, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday



Boy oh boy, what a week! Not only did I make zero progress toward my goals {for the 2nd week in a row. Or is it the 3rd?}, but I've been fighting a cold bug as well. My voice keeps going in and out, which pleases my children far more than it should {ahem}, and I could really do without the headache that seems to have taken up permanent residence in my noggin. However, I will say that despite being busy--it's a "happy" kind of busy because....

Cinderella opens tonight at Pacific Northwest Ballet and I've got one of {okay, THE} cutest little "pumpkin" up on that stage, ever!!! :)

We've had back-to-back rehearsals on top of class all week long; last night's dress rehearsal was amazing but it didn't let out until 10pm. {Ditto tonight's performance. *Yawn*} Throw that on top of having to wake up at 4:45am all week, and you've got a recipe for caffeine overload! ;-) As I've previously mentioned, she has 11 performances in all, sometimes 2 per day on top of regular class. Considering the cost of gas these days, this should create a major budget crisis. {Gulp}

My workouts--aside from walking all over town--have been non-existent. Wait. I take that back. I did do a few sets of squats and push-ups sporadically, which hopefully counts for something. {Hee hee} But beyond that--nope!

Eating healthy? What's that? To appease my growing sense of failure, I snarfed down a protein bar on Wednesday while I waited 5 hrs for Abby to get out of rehearsal. {Five.whole.hours!} Granted, it's not the ideal source of nutrition but it sure was tasty and it perked me up a bit. :)

This coming week, I want to start "block scheduling" to see if that helps keep me on track. My goal is to carve out 1 hr each morning for exercise, followed by 1-3 hr. blocks for work, reviews, homeschooling, housework...you get the idea.

So how has your week been? Do you have a workout schedule or is this something you need to work on, too?


4 comments:

Lorus! said...

Ugh! I've had an awful week - fitness wise - So I have been putting off my post! But it WILL get done and I'll link up a little later.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Whew! Sounds like you had quite the week. Feel better soon!!

Annie Kate said...

I was thinking I don't have a work-out schedule, but I suppose I do. After my nap, I go for a walk most days. On Fridays we hike the Rideau Trail in little increments.

It's the physio exercises that I don't really have built in yet.

The block scheduling should work for you, though. It sounds so sensible!

I hope you'll have a wonderful week with no colds, lots of energy, and a beautiful ballet performance.

Annie Kate

lexi @ pink and orange coffee said...

I hope Cinderella was a smashing success! And I definitely want to hear about your block scheduling...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails