Friday, February 18, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday



UPDATE: Linky should now be fixed. Please let me know if you experience further difficulties. :)*

Before I begin, I want to mention that today's Linky will look a bit different for the time being. This is due to the fact that even though I've renewed my membership, it isn't reflecting yet on the Mr. Linky website. So until it does, I have to use the "free" version ...which doesn't look half as cool as the other one. :) Moving on!

So this week went swimmingly compared to the previous. Woohoo! I've managed to squeeze in 4 workouts this week, alternating between Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (20 mins) and various FIRM tapes (45-60 mins). I also did a lot of walking around Seattle last weekend with my family. We explored the Seattle Center grounds, visited the Experience Music Project, and walked to/from different restaurants/stores nearby. {Note to self: need...new...sneakers!}

Speaking of Valentine's day, Dean said I could order a new fitness video as a special treat. So I did! I ordered a workout DVD from Tracie Long Fitness, one of our first Fit Mommy Challenge sponsors. {She's a-maaaazing!!!} I'm so excited to get this new little "treat" in my hands! {Hurry, post office! Hurry!} It looks to be like a fun, challenging workout and I am definitely in need of a challenge. ;-)

My water intake is way up {as evidenced by the need to ummm..."get up" in the middle of the night. Oops!} and I successfully avoided all forms of Valentine's Day bliss temptations. :o) Not to say that my nutrition has improved to any real degree {because it hasn't} but no chocolate or cupcakes during Valentine's is HUGE!

How was your Valentine's Day? Did you do anything special? Eat anything scrumptious????

I think this just about covers my check-in this week. Before I go, I wanted to ask you all: with the next Fit Mommy Challenge on the horizon, what sort of prizes would you like to see this time? {And don't say "doughnuts" even though that's something I would say because that's totally cheating... Hee hee}

10 comments:

SisterTipster said...

HEY Girl~
I'm beginning to get 'paranoid' with technology today as NOTHING is going right~I've linked OR TRIED to link twice~Here's my link b/c it hasn't shown up yet AT ALL~
HUGS and GREAT progress...
http://sistertipster.blogspot.com/2011/02/fit-mommy-friday-wk-7research-equals.html

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Can't wait for the next challange and I like the idea of anything fitness related...videos, small equipment, etc. Oh, maybe a gift card to an online fitness store to get some new workout clothes! :o)

Anonymous said...

Denise,

I think I am going to join you on the next Fit Mommy Challenge. I am down 18 lbs since October 1 - which is HUGE (pun totally intended)for me. And all of that without exercise - I have maybe 5 to 7 lbs to go and I think that will only go by moving around a bit :). I don't care about the prizes so whatever you offer is great. I just want the motivation and accountability :) Let me know when it is starting!
Darla

HollyC said...

Hi Ladies! I thought I'd link to Fit Mommy Friday this week! I'm not sure how the challenge thing works, but I thought this would be a great place to help keep me on track!! I need it!!
Blessings,
~Holly

Linda said...

I didn't do much this week and don't have much to say. But I did make a blog post!

You sound like you did well this week! Keep on keeping on! :D

Annie Kate said...

Wow! It sounds like you're back on track! Great job!

And it sounds like the ballet went wonderfully well. So nice that the relatives could come!

Annie Kate

Debbie said...

Sounds like you are back on track. Glad you had such a great week.

Briana said...

Good week!

How about some "healthy" chocolate? Okay, kidding. i don't really have any prize suggestions.

Laura O in AK said...

I think I NEED a challenge to get back to being serious about the weight loss and improved health.

I did good ON Valentine's Day, but just restocked our chocolate supply as Target marked the staple M&Ms 50% off.

Lois of ChrisitanChildren.info said...

I much need of motivation....this is great.
I will add you to my new post on hopes and memes...thanks!
Lois

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails