Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday



*The purpose behind Fit Mommy Friday is to encourage mothers in their quest toward healthy living. Whether your goal is to lose weight or simply eat healthier, Fit Mommy Friday is about sharing our weekly successes, struggles, and goals for improvement.*

Check it out, ladies! I'm actually getting this post up before Friday morning! Woohoo! :o) Aren't you impressed? {I sure am!}

This week has been a bit difficult for me to get my workouts in. As most of you already know, I don't like to workout in front of people--especially not my husband. Even though he sleeps in, he'll still hear me jumping, huffing and puffing in the other room and come out to see what's going on! (Yikes) So anyway, he's been home since Monday afternoon because (sigh)....he lost his job. :o(

Although he's been submitting his resume into every company he can think of, he hasn't received any offers as yet. But we're praying and hoping that this changes really soon!  If you wouldn't mind praying for this situation, I'd be ever so grateful.

Anyway, because of this I really don't have much to report this week. I haven't worked out since Monday (which was 50 mins), and I binged on chocolate ice cream on Tuesday. Or was it Wednesday? Hmm. I can't remember exactly, but it was simply because I let the stress of all this get to me. Thankfully it was only that one time and truthfully speaking, my bowl of ice cream wasn't all that large. It just felt large because I don't normally eat ice cream and I'm lactose intolerant. :o)  {I'm definitely not the brightest bulb in the box, that's for sure!}

So that's pretty much my week! It's not the best, I know. But I promise to do my best to improve before next week's check in.

How has your week been? Try any new (good) workout routines?
PS: Does anyone here watch "Biggest Loser"? What do you think of the two new trainers??? Just curious. 


7 comments:

SisterTipster said...

Oh Denise~soo sorry about hub's job loss. That can be very frightening and we've been through it too. Big hugs and prayers! Hang in there!!

Briana said...

I'm so sorry about the job loss! I pray bigger and better things come his way soon.

I only caught one episode of biggest loser but I thought it was interesting to see two new trainers.

Stacy said...

I'm so sorry to hear your dh lost his job. My dh is self employed and hasn't had any work in 3 months. It's hard being the one who is carrying ALL the financial responsibility, especially when I get so little help from him in taking care of the house, plus homeschooling.

Keep running to your workouts -- not food. You will feel much better for it. Ask me how I know!
:-)

Annie Kate said...

Praying that your husband soon gets a job. That can be devastating. We've been through it a few times.

Blessings and hugs.

((Annie Kate))

Raber said...

it worked! Thank you again.
My husband lost his job several months ago now. It sure is going around. I will pray for you. Use this as an oppertunity to show much extra love.

~ Denise ~ said...

Thanks so much, everyone. You ladies are the absolute BEST!!

Raber-That's exactly what I've been thinking and doing. Showing extra love. It's amazing to me how so much of a man's ego and self-esteem is tied to his ability to provide for his family.

Very Blessed Mamma said...

I forgot to link up this week. I am doing better this week on working out. I have worked out each day this week so far.

I am stopping by from the Blog Walk. I know I am behind, but I am trying to catch up.

I am already following you.

http://trainingchildrenupforchrist.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046983154#!/pages/Training-Children-up-for-Christ/160788030643225

Have a great night.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails