Monday, July 12, 2010

And Twelve Makes a Dozen…

As of yesterday (7/11/10), I’ve been married to my honey for a full dozen years. Woohoo! I love having something in common with a box of donuts! Hee hee. :)

This year I bought Dean a mushy, “go for the jugular” type card and a small plaque that reads: “If I could choose again, I’d still choose you.” (Go ahead and say it: “Awwww…!) He then took me out to the movies. :) Woohoo! Date night!

We loaded up on drinks and candy at the grocery store first, then bought a tub of popcorn at the theater. We decided to see the new Adam Sandler flick, “Grown Ups” which was definitely funny, but really not for kids despite the fact that there were a few in the theater. Ahem! And definitely not worth the $21 to get in the door. Then again, it was nice just spending time together, so perhaps it was worth the 21 bucks. But I digress…

Oh and before we left, our friends Amanda and Sylvia came by with a scrumptious chocolate cake and tub of chocolate ice cream for us! Wasn’t that sweet? (No pun intended.)

Later that night, I got the wild idea to have Sierra snap a picture of us at the official 12 year mark. Here it is…

IMG_6938I think Fernando’s fluffy face makes the photo complete, don’t you? :)

Now, I say “wild idea” because having my photo taken is an activity I generally try to avoid. Oh and please excuse my “ponytail bump” hairdo. I should’ve left it up instead. {Ahem}

So there you have it, folks. I’ve been married for twelve whole years in a row. Wow…Isn’t that amazing? :) I’m excited to see what the Lord has in store for our next dozen!

3 comments:

Briana said...

Congrats!

Rachel said...

Congrats! I love that picture of you two. You both look so happy. And I didn't even notice the ponytail bump! (That's the advantage of dark hair.)

You are both wonderful people and I'm thankful that God has put you in my family's life.

Kelly said...

Congratulations!! My husband and I just completed 10 years together in June. I can't wait to see us in 10 more. You look so happy in the picture. Oh and the ponytail bump - not noticeable at all. Looks like beautiful hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails