Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Check It Out! I’m a Beautiful Blogger!

bblogger

At least, according to my sweetie pie friend, Heidi at Chatter, Clatter and Things That Matter! :o) {Wow, thanks Heidi! This was totally unexpected and I’m extremely grateful…and feeling slightly weepy as a result. Hee hee!} For those of you who don’t know, Heidi’s a kindred Chai spirit. Her devotion to the delectable drink is a mirror image of my own. :) I like that.

Now according to the rules, the recipients of said award must complete the following tasks:

1) Add a link and note of thanks to the person giving the award
2) Pass the award on to the bloggers whose blogs you love (15 tops)
3) Share 7 things about yourself

Alrighty then! Seven things about moi`…(That you never knew or never cared to know)

1.  I cannot stand to touch, handle or otherwise own anything silk. Once I learned that it was made by worm spit, I felt an immediate sense of abject horror rush through my veins. Now I get the distinct feeling that I’m handling phlegm whenever I touch it. {Eeewwww…!}

2.  I’m allergic to grass. If I sit on it, I get an instant rash. If I’m outside when someone’s mowing the lawn, I can’t breathe and get an instant headache. Then again, the instant headache might be the result of me holding my breath so I don’t accidently inhale any of the grassy bits being shot into the air at a high velocity via active lawn mower, but who knows?

3.  When I’m feeling sad, angry or generally sorry for myself, I reach for something sweet to soothe my inner turmoil. It works. Temporarily. Then I feel bad for eating it in the first place, which lends itself to a rather vicious snowball effect.

4.  After 16 years of mild blindness {no comment from the peanut gallery}, I should be getting my new glasses sometime this week. However I still haven’t decided whether or not I’ll wear them…like, all the time. Perhaps I’ll just whip ‘em out during those times when I absolutely have to see, like when I’m reviewing a ballet or walking across the street.

5.  I have the most awesome Chihuahua. Ever!

6.  I love a good English accent and every now ‘n then, I enjoy faking people out with one. This is especially fun with cashiers in the grocery store. And telemarketers.

7.  I’ve been told by more than a handful of people that Reese Witherspoon’s character in Legally Blond reminds them of me and my daughter, Abby. I have no idea why. Well, I mean…Abby, yes! Me? No.

Okay, now comes the fun part! It’s time for ME to crown some additional Beautiful Bloggers!! Woohoo! In no particular order, the nominees are…

Mrs. White @ The Legacy of Home: I’ve had the pleasure of this fabulous lady’s friendship for the past 8+ years. She’s an amazing encourager, devoted Christ follower, fantastic wife/mother, talented writer, and just an all-around fabulous person. :) When I grow up, I want to be just like her.

Rachel @ Saved By Grace: She’s one of those uber-crafty types that can whip up a stellar looking scrapbook page in no time flat. (Seriously. I envy that.) She’s also one of the most charming hostesses and fellow homeschooling mothers I’ve ever met! :) Even more fun is the fact that our sons are best buds and she’s on this year’s TOS Crew.

Tina @ I’m In The Moment: Tina and I’ve got this cool sort of friendship where we’ll hardly talk or see each other for weeks/months, then get together and it’s like we never missed a step. :) She’s the one that got me into homeschooling in the first place, and I repaid the favor by encouraging her to try out for this year’s TOS Crew (along with Rachel and two years ago, Mrs. White). She’s also a newly converted coupon nerd. Hee hee. ;)

Heather @ Faith, Family & Fun: This lovely lady is just one of those types that you can’t help but feel inspired by. No matter what life throws at her, she always comes out smiling. She’s a total sweetheart, an outstanding friend, and I’m thrilled to have met her via the Crew! Heather dahhling, you’re amazing! :)

Michelle @ Pilgrims Welcomed Home: Michelle is one of my mini-crew members this year and she’s terrific! Not only is her blog super-cute, but she’s got such a friendly and kind-hearted attitude that makes you instantly adore her! :)

And there ya have it, folks! Got Chai?’s official Beautiful Bloggers!! Hooray!!!! Be sure to pop on over and congratulate these awesome ladies! :)

4 comments:

Mrs. White said...

You totally deserve this award!

I love you! You are the most funniest, awesome-est person ever!

Thank you!
(hugs)
Mrs. White

Pink Slippers said...

Is that MY name in lights??!! Wow! Thanks for sharing about me...and you SO deserve the award! mwah! ♥

Michelle said...

Denise, thank you for being such a Beautiful Blogger! You are a blessing to all who stop by for a cup of love and encouragement.

And thank you for blessing me today with such a lovely surprise!

Heather said...

Of COURSE you got the beautiful Blogger award! You are the most original, funniest person in the world--and your photos on FB prove that you are gorgeous!

And, you must be a guardian angel to say such wonderful things about me.

Enjoy your award:) And thank you for including me, what fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails