Friday, July 2, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday

Well ladies, another week has flown by and I’ve done *almost* absolutely nothing by way of exercise. I was still sick when I returned home from our weekend trip, and it wasn’t until about Wednesday afternoon that I started to feel better.

I’ve been antibiotics for the past 5 days which have helped tremendously. However, my energy has yet to return. Whenever I’d try to workout, even ride my exercise bike, it felt like I was pedaling through quicksand. Or a bowl of really heavy pasta. (Can you tell my appetite has returned? Hee hee) However, I have been getting in a few short walks around the neighborhood which is better than nothing. But as far as a serious workout is concerned—it hasn’t happened.

I still have a bit of a cough which I hope will be gone within the next few days, along with a heavy feeling in my chest. I’m really quite tired of it! :o/

But like I said, my appetite has returned and I can’t seem to get enough meat and eggs! I’m clearly lacking protein. I’ve been eating a lot of chicken, soy “chicken” patties, eggs and almond milk.  Oh, and salt! Oh my goodness, I can’t seem to get enough salt. Now I know that’s not good for me, but perhaps it has to do with off-balance electrolytes or something? (Then again, it could just be PMS…) Who knows! :D Either way, I’ve been eating chips with my meat. Crazy…

Throughout this entire bout of sickness, I’ve been drinking herbal tea and water exclusively. Absolutely NO chai, whatsoever. (Are you shocked?) Even more shocking, is that I’ve only had 1 cup of it once I started feeling better and (okay now this is really scary!), I couldn’t finish it. In fact, I didn’t even *want to*.

Seriously, how nuts is that?!

This wraps up my weekly report. Before I turn the table over to the rest of you outstanding gals, I want to extend a warm welcome to all of our new “Fit Mommies”! Thanks for joining us! :)

Okay, it’s your turn! Sign the Mr. Linky below and let’s get this party started. :)  PS: The Mr. Linky below is a little different than the one I’ve previously used. This is due to the fact that Blogger was being a twerp this morning so I had to post this via Windows Live Writer instead. I hope it works! Let me know if you have trouble… :)

5 comments:

Laura O said...

Glad to hear your appetite has returned and you are on the mend.

Kelly said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Eating is better then not eating. And don't stress too much about the exercise. Stress causes weight gain. When you get back on your feet I'm sure you'll be able to work out and be better then before.

Michelle Smith said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better, Chai Mommy. You just need to get well and not worry about the exercise for a few days. Eat what your body needs to recover fully, rest and recuperate.

I am slightly shocked, though, about the chai tea. Oh, dear! Surely you won't give it up. ;)

Cole said...

For the past few weeks I have been doing this on my own. The last 3 Fridays I have posted my weight and a few goals for myself for exercize and health then reported back the next week. Little did I know that others were doing it too! YAY, Support!! :)
http://runningthemarathonoflife.blogspot.com/

Briana said...

Sounds like this week is going to be a lot better for you, I hope! I'm joining you for the first time this week. A little late, I was out of town and forgot to link up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails