Friday, August 20, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday



*If you're new to my blog and would like to join the merry band of mommies working hard to get--or stay--fit, please click here for all the details.*


A big "Good morning!" to all my favorite ladies! How's everyone doing today? Did you all have a good week? I admit that I didn't do as well as I would've liked, but I wasn't absolutely horrible, either (okay, maybe I was..). Here's the daily breakdown:

Monday: Completed a short 30 minute workout. Didn't even break a sweat over it, which means it probably wasn't enough. (Oops) Went to the mall and got a pair of new LA Gear Walk 'n Tone sneakers.

Tuesday: Short walks around town running errands. That's it. (Ahem...)

Wednesday: Put the shoes to the test by going for a short, 3 mile walk with the family. The initial plan was just to walk Sierra to Youth Group and back which is 2 miles (exactly), round trip. But then we decided to walk to Albertsons, too. After that, Dean was feeling pretty wiped out (snicker, snicker) so we walked the "long" way around the block so as to avoid the slight "hill" (mild slope) of our street. This brought our trek to a total of 3 miles instead of 2.

PS: I can't decide if the shoes "work" or if they're just poorly constructed. Either way, the backs of my legs and rear-end were slightly sore in different areas the next day. Plus the fact that I was even sore from a walk is just weird. Hmm...?

Thursday: Short walks running errands; 2 sets of push-ups (20 reps each), 3 sets of squats (20 reps each). That's it. Apparently I was feeling lazy...

Friday: Bike for 45 mins. I had to get some serious cardio in! Ugh...(And you all know how I hate cardio. LOL)

My eating has been a disaster this week!! :o[  Not sure if I'm getting in touch with my "inner bear going into hibernation" or am otherwise hormonal. But alas, here are all the gory details...

I ate a king size PB Twix on Sunday, which tasted phenomenally good but was sooooo bad at the same time! (Sigh) I'll blame Dean for this one because he let me buy it. :o) (Of course, if he'd said "No, you heifer! You cannot possibly have a candy bar!" that would've been worse. Hee hee!)

Then there was a "meeting" I had with a Reese's "Big Cup". (Not nearly as good as the PB Twix, by the way.)

Followed by a brief excursion to the land of Ben & Jerry's. (There was only 8 bites left in the carton, which happened to be Dean's. Gee, I hope he wasn't planning on finishing it...?)

See?! Isn't that awful?! But once again...and yes, this is quite strange and weird...I actually lost 4 ounces. (Hey, every bit counts, right?) How on earth does that happen? Eat right = body weight stays the same. Eat junk food = weight loss. HUH???? I'm still scratching my head over that one.

What about you? Have you noticed any odd, don't-fit-the-traditional-parameters-of-fitness quirks about yourself this week? Or am I the lone oddball? :o)

In any event, it's time to check in! Post your links below and let's get this party started! :)

6 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

Your week still looks far better than mine--candy bars or not! Mine included birthday cake--and workouts few and far between! I hope to work in a mid-afternoon workout before I dare even post how my own week has gone! (Ahem.) There is always next week, plus not so far to go for improvement next week. ;)

Michelle Smith said...

Your week still looks far better than mine--candy bars or not! Mine included birthday cake--and workouts few and far between! I hope to work in a mid-afternoon workout before I dare even post how my own week has gone! (Ahem.) There is always next week, plus not so far to go for improvement next week. ;)

Annie Kate said...

I'd say you've had a good week. Maybe one too many slip-ups in the food department, but on the whole, still pretty good.

And life-style exercise isn't bad, ever. Did you know that ladies who do their own housework are healthier than those that don't? So you see, every little bit counts.

Have a great week, and only eat half of a chocolate bar at a time next week. They freeze very well, so you can keep them fresh forever! :)

Annie Kate

Kelly said...

Thanks for the advise and encouragement Denise! My week seems to be much better then last week.

fosteringmyfamily said...

I agree with the junk concept. One week I ate almost all junk - lost 4 lbs. It guess my body really enjoyed the extra calories and figured I wasn't starving it. I can't seem to work it out any other way.Either that, or it was from the work from the week before.

I LOVE ice cream - especially Coconut Bliss ice cream - because after all coconut milk is GOOD for you.

Laura O said...

I was bad and didn't write up a post yet! Is Sunday too late to formally check in? ;o)

I'll second the junk food approach. We ate out THREE times when my parents were here and I lost a pound. It's now back with me a week after they left. And, I've even been exercising!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails