Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday

alt

The following word sums up my week....Blah! I could hardly drag myself out of bed in the mornings, much less exercise with any sort of vigor and vitality. But I did manage to get decent walks in (my usual) as well as a few short jogs and full-out sprints (as in, "Oh crap! There's the bus!"). It's been a very stressful week around here and I just haven't felt like doing much of anything except the bare minimum.

Not a good way to be, nor is it a valid excuse.

Oh, and my plans for trying to get some more sleep? Didn't happen. In fact, I got even less than before. {That's what happens when you mull over everything in your head for the umpteenth time when it's well past 3am. *Yawn*}

I've really got to get my act together before I end up eating my way through a box of Hostess jelly donuts and a king size package of Reese's peanut butter cups just to stay awake! {I kid...I kid...} :) Can you imagine what would happen to my hips if I ate all that? Not to mention the fact that my face would break out worse than a teenager's. LOL

So in summary; this week was clearly not my best. I've got to find a better way of organizing my time to get everything done, including workouts. Once I get that squared away, I can focus on sleeping better--or rather, getting more sleep each night. As it stands now, there's just too much to do in the evenings because I can't get it all done during the day. {I'm whining, aren't I?}

And yet, here's something that's really odd---my jeans are looser around my hips and thighs! Isn't that strange? Funny how I tend to lose weight when I eat horribly or don't workout. And yet if I get the flu, I manage to *gain* 3-5 lbs. {How does that work?!}

7 comments:

Annie Kate said...

Oh, Denise, I hope you find some breathing space to get your life back under control!

Wishing you good sleep, healthy food, and less stress.

((hugs))

Annie Kate

Lorus! said...

Denise, i hope you get the rest you need! I do know that with the busier schedule you're going to need more rest.

Exercise would probably help you sleep better and have more energy. Of course fitting it all in and having the energy to do so is definitely the challenge!

Now, if I could just remember that...

SisterTipster said...

(((Denise)))) You'll get it together~AWARENESS is necessary for action~ACTION girl! Make that plan and work it~~Here's hoping you get some ZZZZs tonight~HUGS!

Briana said...

Loser jeans are awesome! Maybe you just need a week off once in awhile.

Debbie said...

I totally understand. I did not do well the week before last and so I did not even do the Fit Mommy Friday. I did a little better this week and just posted my link. Everyone has bad days and weeks. Thanks for being honest. It helps to know I can post even when I have bad weeks.

Laura O in AK said...

Denise ~ I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in having some blah weeks. You've got so much on your plate, I don't know how you'd find time to exercise. Maybe all the stress is causing you to burn more calories???

Rose said...

Wonderful post!!! I started working out for 45 minutes 3 days a week about a month ago. I will have to join in on Fridays. Blessings, Rose

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails