Friday, April 1, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday



*The purpose behind Fit Mommy Friday is to encourage mothers in their quest toward healthy living. Whether your goal is to lose weight or simply eat healthier, Fit Mommy Friday is about sharing our weekly successes, struggles, and goals for improvement.*

Goooooooooood morning, Fit Mommies! How was your week? Mine was only a slight improvement over last week's major "bomb". I managed to squeeze in a few minutes of exercise here 'n there (more so than before), but still--no solid "workout".

That really bugs me.

Nutritionally, I've been doing "okay". Not great. I must confess that my mom did treat me to Taco Time and a slice of German chocolate cake for my birthday, which I know I'll regret later on the scale. But at the time? Ahh...heaven! :)

What's really been bad though is my stress level. That's been through the roof! I've only felt extremely panicky a handful of times in my life, and I added another one to the list on Monday.

That's when I received a call for a job interview.

I know that sounds kind of crazy, but when I got the text from Dean telling me that the manager from Zulily.com had called (I was at ballet with Abby), I felt this strange, overwhelming urge to freak.out.big.time. All these thoughts about how I was going to coordinate everything should I get the job began swirling around my head and...well...you get the idea.

I felt a million times better the following day and since the interview (which went really well, in my opinion) but my reaction certainly gave me pause. Crazy, huh?
Oh and here's another little update: Dean has a job interview this afternoon! Hooray! (Funny how I had to go through one first before he even got a call for one...)

So anyway, that's my week for you. Anything new and exciting happening on your end?


3 comments:

Debbie said...

I guess an interview for you is good news. I know that one for you hubby is. I pray you make wise decisions for you and and your family and don't get to stressed out.

Briana said...

Yay, on the interviews! Crossing my fingers!

Annie Kate said...

Honestly, I hope you get the job and I hope you don't. I can so relate to your panic!

But I really hope your husband does get the job. You already have enough jobs as it is, right?

May God bless you and sort all this out. He will give you the strength you need to do what ever He wants you to.

((Hugs))

Annie Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails