Friday, April 15, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday



*The purpose behind Fit Mommy Friday is to encourage mothers in their quest toward healthy living. Whether your goal is to lose weight or simply eat healthier, Fit Mommy Friday is about sharing our weekly successes, struggles, and goals for improvement.*

I might as well cut 'n paste last week's check in. It'd be easier than re-typing it all out. :)

No workouts. Just walking to get to/from this bus to that bus. This week however, I plan to change that up a little bit and walk around during my lunch break. It's better than nothing, right? Even though the weather has been less than hospitable, I can't go another week just sitting, sitting, sitting at my desk at work, the break room, my kitchen table (aka office) at home, or on the bus. I just cannot let that continue.

I can already feel myself getting "soft" in areas that were rock hard before. (Sigh) That's such a bummer! :( I'm hoping to get in a workout each day on Saturday and Sunday as those are my two days off from zulily. (Of course, if I get called in to the hospital I won't be able to workout, either.)

In regard to nutritional goals, I've been taking protein bars with me to work to eat at lunch, and have been taking a multivitamin in the mornings. It's interesting to note how slightly more energetic I feel when I remember to take my vitamin vs. those days when I don't. :)

I've also made a commitment to get 5 hrs of sleep a night. Yes, I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I was down to 4 hrs last week and it about did me in. I was staying up until 11:30pm working on my home based job assignments, going to bed, then waking up at 3:30am to get ready for work. Insanity. I kept falling asleep on my way to/from work! (LOL) That and I was just absolutely miserable. So now I work until 10pm and wake up at 3:30am, giving me 5 - 5.5 hrs. (Depending when I finally nod off.)

How was your week?



4 comments:

Jen said...

My week was not a good one. But next week will be different. I hope. It's a crazy time of the year for us!

Lorus! said...

Thanks for being honest Denise. I hope you're week goes better this week. I am back and hope to 'stay on the wagon' this time!

Annie Kate said...

Wow! I had a cola to be able to drive safely home from Bible study, and stayed up much of that night. That's two days ago already and I still feel terrible, terrible, terrible. How you survive is beyond me!

PS Sleeping on the bus ain't bad either, as long as you don't let anyone steal your purse. LOL

Annie Kate

Briana said...

Wow, what a week. I hope you get the weekend off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails